sway bars

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i hear a lot of people modifying their rear sway bar, but i rarely hear about the front sway bar. my question is why not?

also, how is Suspension Technique's Front and Rear sway bars compared to Comptect 04 TL sway bars?

theaccordian

Reaction score
our car's understeer is second to none. So a larger rear sways reduces it dramatically. Front sways counteract the rear sway and increase understeer to give more neutral handling. But our cars need all the oversteer we can get. Plus its alot cheaper.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
so, if i am understanding this correctly, more oversteer is better? getting a suspension techniques package front and rear sway bar wouldn't really do much and would put the car in the same neutral handling? the point then is to make either more oversteer or understeer depending on the driver's preference? am i anywhere close to the correct answer?

theaccordian

Reaction score
it really depends on the car and its handling characteristics. In our case we need all the oversteer we can get.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
id say just upgrade the rear sway. yes, the close to oversteer we can get, the better. our cars push thru turns, haha, they dont take them. a larger rear sway would help a lot....thats why im planning on getting the 04 tl comptech rear sway, 22mm :)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have both from Neuspeed. Not only are they bigger in size (diameter) but also in weight. Car handles pretty neutral.

theaccordian

Reaction score
yes it will fit, only thing you need extra is 04+ tl oem brackets that you can get at any acura delaer or online for like 5 bucks. A whole swaybar set will improve handling overall, but our cars need more oeversteer to get its fat *** to turn.

Hush

Reaction score
i think its all driver, if you like the neutral feel do both, i was going to do both but i ended up getting the comptech TL sway and its fine to me. even before i lowered my car they car was handling alot better. people say lowering it will make it handle better, BS the sways do more work then anything on the whole car, handling wise.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
so this will fit my car?
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product412.html
do i need anything else as far as parts?
should i leave the front sway bar alone? will upgrading it just put my handling back to a "stock" feeling?
BlkCurrantKord, do you feel any difference with the Neuspeed sets? what the widths?

I don't so much any more cuz I'm used to it now, but at first, def. My car has no weight in the rear so it swings out just fine. The front I think is 23mm and atleast a few lbs heavier than the stock piece, the rear is like 19 or 21mm and just slightly heavier than stock.

I ride on all seasons right now but I can still take on/off ramps at 60+. Actually...the rear sway is off right now cuz I haven't gotten new endlinks yet.

Back