I want to change my suspension

cdubb77

Reaction score
Some of you guys may remember that I've never liked my suspension setup. I want to change it. Right now, I'm riding on Neuspeed Race Springs & KYB GR2 shocks. I have no problem with the shocks but the springs didn't give me a nice even drop. My rear is nice & low but the front of my car is too high. (pics below)

On my stock wheels
10290564bg.jpg

On my stock wheels the day after the car was dropped.
3270534bs.jpg

With my 17's on
7160555nt.jpg

Here's my question. I can either get Tein S-tech springs, Eibach Sportline springs or Skunk2 coilovers. What should I get? I want Ground Control Coilovers but it's hard to find the ones that go with my KYB's. Ground Control is very specific as to which of their coilovers go with each shock manufacturer.

Please advise. Thanks.

du3ce

Reaction score
heh thats weird, we had a meet yesterday and one guy who had a coupe with neuspeed race on stock shocks had a 1 finger gap all around.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i can let you know how my Megan ones go....once i put them in, which should hopefully be tomorrow. i also have some shocks to go with em;) hahahaha. so far, id say go with a set of coilovers. i know skunks would be a little bit of a high spring rate for those NYC roads, but that way you can level out (visually) your ride height, thats why i bought coilovers.

blindside

Reaction score
go with tein s-tech, if i had the chance to do it all over again i'd go that route maybe... unless finance would not be an issue for you at this time :D i say go with coilovers...

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I would go with Teins also.
Remember when we were goign to the JOnes Beach meet and TJP (My twin) has a perfect drop. But he has Teins

jackhunt321

Reaction score
Skunk2 coilovers FTW!!!!!! They are a great nice medium ride. Its awesome to have height adjustability especially if you plan on adding any type of extra body parts(lips, kits) or larger wheels. I personally have the Apexi WorldSport N1 coilovers. Awesome ride, awesome handling. I always worried about buying a spring/shock combo from two different manufacturers since they are engineered for different situations and uses. If I did go w/ two differents brands I would appropriatley want full adjustability on both ends; spring height(coilover sleeve of good quality), and damper adjustability on the shock. Otherwise, go w/ a true coilover that is a matched set from the get go.

jackhunt321

Reaction score
i've had mine for about a year now. They take bumps better than stock w/ big wheels but stiffen up nicely as soon as the suspension becomes loaded.

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
Skunks would be really harsh in NYC. They are harsh around here. I am thinking about buying a full coilover set.

Back