A Noob Coilover Shopping

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
I know what your goin to say read the sus reviews & I did about twice... literally. I think i've done a good amount of research before blowin a thousand or more on some coilovers. after reading the thread & gettin quotes from local shops, Already got the front upper strut bar & plan on gettin the rear sway bar until I get more $ for the coils anyway. I decided on the Ksports kontrol pro kit because of the ability to adjust the height & so on. This is my question the Ksports for accords do not include the pillowball upper mount so this means I need a camber kit...

ANY1 RIDING ON D2 COILS ?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no, no pillow ball camber plates would even work on our cars. theres no suspension that comes with that. weve got a thread on that, search camber plates and im sure itll come up. its probably 21548613851468 pages long too, haha.

the sway bar doesnt have anything to do with camber tho, and if you want to correct your front camber, you need to get the ball joint camber kit. just know that you decrease the clearance between the uca and strut tower tho when you get one put in. im dropped like 3.5"-4" all around id say, and the front is only at -1.4° on the left and -1.9° on the right. thats not bad considering the rears are -3° each, haha. as for ksports, i got em, theyre good **** :thumbup:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
you don't need a camber kit, just get your toe zeroed (thanks andy for spreading knowledge earlier in the week)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
camber isnt the main contributor of quick tire wear. toe is. if your toes set straight, you have nothing to worry about.

thecrown59

Reaction score
WHY THE **** DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING I NEED A CAMBER KIT THEN!! God I hate it when i get misinformed...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you only need one if you want one.

you will get uneven wear after a while with cambered wheels. but you will not get premature wear. the insides may wear slightly faster, but nothing like if your wheels were toe'd out or in.

likeawp

Reaction score
^I have had bad experiences with zeroing the toe without a camber kit........maybe its just because I had my car aligned at a sh!tty shop because the mechanic did not seem knowledgeable...............the inner portion of the tires got raped after about 5000 miles even after the alignment

Hence, I bought a front ball-joint camber kit, did the installation and alignment at a shop that specialized in alignments for lowered cars......steep price but the service and result were very satisfactory.....even tirewear for the fronts

So I advice you to find a reputable shop to zero your toe :D.....I had bad luck with my experience =[

Back