Tanabe coilovers?

Telri

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my 2000 EX-L V6 sedan a couple months ago and am new to the forum, but I was wondering if I could get some input on Tanabe coilovers? Most of the suspensions I see around the forum are Tokico or Tein shocks/struts, and Skunk2 or Ground Control coilovers. Anyone know anything about the Tanabe Sustec suspensions? I'm considering getting the TSC023 package.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the non adj ones...they sucked. Stiff as ****. Def not meant for bumpy/uneven roads. They were great on smooth pavement or on the highway. They rusted on me, fast.

TDotCord

Reaction score
I've seen those coils....kinda surprised how badly they rusted. Anyway, most coilovers will probably be stiff as ****. I've got the D2s, and they're still as hell, but handles great though.

If you want coilovers but want a more comfortable ride, I'd say do the Teins, either the basic, or SS. The latter have optional aluminium top mounts, and damper adjustabilty. From what people have said about the Teins is they're pretty comfortable.

jackhunt321

Reaction score
TANABE FOR THE WIN!!!! MY buddy has them on a summer only car so I don't know about rust. IF you are looking for a nice firm ride(gotta have good local roads) go for them. High spring rate = stock sways ok. If you stay w/ a low spring rate you may want to upgrade your sway bars. All depends how you like your ride.

Back