Great Eddy SP

Shizzy

Reaction score
wassup yall? Well basically im trying to get this exhaust in town, its going for about $175 obo. Its a Greddy SP. The guy says I need to get the exhaust welded two inchs at the b-pipe. My question is how much should I pay for an install with welding or should I install it my self? Lastly is the GReddy SP worth it?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
any greddy product is worth it #1.... also if its a universal, i wanna say i doubt its an SP cuz ive never seen a universal SP, an apex WS yea but not greddy sp.... and if its the muffler only, yes ur gonna have 2 weld it on. Best is to get a shop 2 do it

Shizzy

Reaction score
im trying to put a pic of it on here but it says its too big... but its comes with three parts to it. Its a fairly LARGE muffler, but im wondering how loud it will be?

pattywak

Reaction score
The SP cat-back system is a relatively quiet system, from what i have heard. The muffler design would lead to this quiter tone, as it isnt a more free-flowing design such as the Apexi N1 style mufflers.

Your setup would be the stock piping with the Muffler, so I would think it was quieter even than the cat-back Greddy SP setup.

adoboi6

Reaction score
is 175 for the catback sp for your year accord? if its not, itll have to be custom welded.
also if its 175 just for the sp muffler, i think its a rip off.
if youre looking for a quieter muffler than most aftermarket ones, sp is the one for you. but if youre looking for the loud sound, then you might be disappointed.
how loud it is also depends on the size of your piping and on your resonator, if you have one or not. the bigger the diameter of the piping, the louder. the resonator you pick also gives your custom catback a unique sound.
if what your buying needs to be welded on, i suggest letting a shop do it for you. as for the price, it varies by shop so call around your local muffler shops and ask for price quotes.

good luck!

Shizzy

Reaction score
Its the full Catback exhaust. It comes with three pieces, exhaust, a long azz pipe, and another pipe half the size slightly bent... I donno why the damn pictures dont load on here?!
But yeah do you think its easy to install the other two pipes and leave the part that needs to be welded to the pros?
And if its $175 is there a chance I can hustle him lower what do you yall think, he said OBO.. but he gave me some DOME... lights that is and blue reverse lights... kinda cool guy. Hes got a 4.4 x5 schnitzer'd out.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sp sounds nice outside, but the droning inside the cabin can drive u nuts.... i had it b4, and my friends won't sit in my car if we had to drive for more than 30 mins

for install, most shops in socal will charge between $50 and $80 for exhaust install

hirichard

Reaction score
is 175 for the catback sp for your year accord? if its not, itll have to be custom welded.
also if its 175 just for the sp muffler, i think its a rip off.
if youre looking for a quieter muffler than most aftermarket ones, sp is the one for you. but if youre looking for the loud sound, then you might be disappointed.
how loud it is also depends on the size of your piping and on your resonator, if you have one or not. the bigger the diameter of the piping, the louder. the resonator you pick also gives your custom catback a unique sound.
if what your buying needs to be welded on, i suggest letting a shop do it for you. as for the price, it varies by shop so call around your local muffler shops and ask for price quotes.

good luck!

rep points for alvin! :haysm9:

Shizzy

Reaction score
I was gonna do it my self with liquid gaskets.. Jack the car of-- I mean up then remove the long pipes and have theshop weld & cut... So the droning is pretty loud?? I don't want annoyaince but I guess subs get annoying and cool @ certain times :hihi:

Back