caps of all sorts

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
does the radiator caps really help in anything? they claim to increase pressure but i'm not sure it matters much. my main concern is if i buy an aftermarket oil or radiator cap, the pressure won't be up to or above specs. i remember i bought a gas cap once for my dad's car and his check engine light came on a few weeks later. according to the mechanic there wasn't enough pressure.

i'm wondering, if i do buy these dress up items, should i go with reputable companies so i know the pressure built will be correct? Blitz, spoon, HKS, Mugen are some i've seen. i'm weary of ebay claiming to be Mugen or Spoon cause they look like stickers or computer generated emblems.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, oil caps arent pressureized, i dont think, so youre good there. i bought a mugen radiatior cap, just cuz i felt like it. youre never gonna notice anything except looks out of all of these items, theyre for dress up, going from 1.1 to 1.3 in the radiatior pressure, if it even puts it at 1.3, you wont notice anything. again, caps and such are just for dress up in the engine bay........cuz if a radiator cap could giv eyou some HP, im sure everyone and their moms would buy these first, since theyre so cheep.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
LMAO, gotcha sketch. i mean, my main concern is will they be up to specs at the VERY least. i don't want something to blow cause of these crappers.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Check your hoses. Squeeze your top and bottom rad. hoses and listen for cracking. As long as your hoses are in good shape, your in good shape upping the rad. pressure.

Back