anyone have a dc sports strut bar

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
how come the part the connects to the bar itself is loose. the black piece that sits on top of the strut tower and connects to the strut bar itself is loose even when fitted with the washers. sorry for the double post but i am frustrated as ****.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, i have one. use my pic and circle the part youre having trouble with. if its that big bolt that goes through the main bar, it has some ripples on it to keep it from moving if i remember right.
DSC00337.JPG

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
this type of thing happens every now and then with the bars that are made in pieces, aka, the strut tower pieces, then the actual bar that bolts to the tower parts. this is one reason why i went with the neuspeed bar, 1 solid piece :D, and you dont have to remove the factory strut braces.........so in a way, its like a poor mans Comptech strut bar, hahahahahaha.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
867562487_l.jpg

that part. the washers go inside the two black hinges, and around the ball joint of the bar. then the bolt goes directly through it. well, once all this is tightened down, the bar is still loose, the washers don't stack everything together like a hamburger.

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
ACE Hardware ftw!!! Bring the washers and find some that look the same. Sounds like it's fully tighened down, but there is still wiggle room. Simply, more room needs to be taken up.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i work right next to ace hardware cause i thought they might have the bolt i'm missing, well they didn't but either way the guy was reluctant to suggest something cause he said "these are made for machines and yours comes from a car part manufacturer, i don't know if it's the same and can with stand the stress." dunno, calling DC tommorow. i'm waiting for ryan s to respond.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
really? so you're suggesting to just get thicker washers and voila? if DC doesn't want to help me and if ryan s tells me he's stumped, i guess i'll do that. i'm insecure about car parts so i prefer if DC tells me what's up. thanks though.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, the washers are fairly thick, and the bolts and nuts themselves have "waves" on them to stop moving once torqued to the black pieces. i would look for some locking bolts of some kind, along with locking washers. i cant really describe the pattern, but its kinda like the 98-00 ex 4cyl coupe rims...sort of like a swirl pattern, so theres not an actual lock washer involved. idk if that helps, but thats what id look for :)

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
in that case i think mine was an open box item and they replaced it with bull**** whatever scrapes. i'm calling AEM but they asked for an invoice, not sure if buying it on ebay invalidates this warranty but either way i guess i'll just buy the hardware seperate or sell it to someone here.

Back