Royal Purple or Amsoil

finch13

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Amsoil. Royal Purple has a **** ton of moly in it, which can leave deposits and clog passageways over time on non-race engines. I dunno why people spend loads of cash on RP when it's overkill for daily driven vehicles. It does perform though, at a price.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
RP is a sickly beastly motor oil. I usually run that or Motul or Total in my SRT-4, I do take this car to the race track not quarter mile but road course race track.

A lot of guys in the SRT-4 community swear by Amsoil and shun Royal Purple for the exact reason finch13 stated. Some shave claimed that it causes **** to go wrong in their turbo, engine, etc. You name it, RP is the culprit for it. Not sure if it's true, I have had no problems.

And I agree with finch13 about overkill oil with a daily driven non-track car. Use Mobil1 and you're set.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Amsoil

They make a wonderful engine flush as well.

Be careful if you have old seals though.

Our engines arent prone to sludge as much as the V6's are.

finch13

Reaction score
^ Yep, that is a great article. Many of those engine oils we don't have here in the states, but as you can see Mobil1 didn't take the cake. But then again, I don't think the test illustrates exactly the same environment oil goes through in an engine.

For those who don't know, Mobil1 is the only oil approved under Honda's warranty and is the exact same oil in the Honda Genuine Oil bottles at the dealer.

boorishid

Reaction score
Well i stumbled upon that article from a guy on honda tech claming mobile 1 screwed up 2 of his cams, it was a built engine who knows if it was the mobile 1 but apparently hasnt had the problem again with RP.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^ Yep, that is a great article. Many of those engine oils we don't have here in the states, but as you can see Mobil1 didn't take the cake. But then again, I don't think the test illustrates exactly the same environment oil goes through in an engine.

For those who don't know, Mobil1 is the only oil approved under Honda's warranty and is the exact same oil in the Honda Genuine Oil bottles at the dealer.

Glad to know since I only use honda oil.

Back