What causes this effect?

Nismode

Reaction score
img01402736406.jpg

The LED's and the turn signal 'duplicated', the glare is kind of annoying.

Nismode

Reaction score
Came with the lens... this was on a Rebel XTi with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, with a Promaster 52mm UV filter.

d1blet

Reaction score
I don't think that a UV filter is necessary in most cases. I normally don't use one unless I know I'll be running into trouble from dust or something else. If your UV filter was on, try taking it off for the next shot. I bet the glare ought to be gone.

Nismode

Reaction score
I don't think that a UV filter is necessary in most cases. I normally don't use one unless I know I'll be running into trouble from dust or something else. If your UV filter was on, try taking it off for the next shot. I bet the glare ought to be gone.
Thanks man! I'll try it and come back.

xluben

Reaction score
It's not glare, per se. The duplicated image is upside down and backwards!

First thing I would try is removing the filter as already mentioned.

Nifty fifty is a fun lens for low light!

dynasty

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure it's the UV filter. i had one when i took a picture indoor. after i heard that UV add more glare, i took it off and stop taking pictures with the UV filter. i wonder if they sell any safety filter. i couldn't find any at all!

5spd'r

Reaction score
If your going to use a UV filter get a B+W or Heliopan, multicoated. If your shooting with an $80 f1.8, why use a UV/protection filter? I like how the front element on that lens sets in pretty far, makes it harder to scratch. The good filters cost as much as that lens, btw.

Back