Cammed!! G23 NonVtec build-in progress

Egi7

Reaction score
Sup guys, for the past 8 months ive been collecting parts and reserching in and out to complete the g23 non vtec hybrid on my 00 coupe. Lots of guys have been helping me all the way on this build. I was originally going to post my build at accordtuner but I think this forum has been neglected somewhat. Ive made a list of everything needed to complete the swap on a 6th gen accord f23. The swap will be complete early Aug. Without further adue here is my parts list and pics

2000 accord coupe

F23block/H23 DOHC head (valve job, new intake and exhuast valves,resurfaced) ------purchased

97mm stroke x 86mm bore (factory iron sleeved)----came with car:D

Delta 260 grind camshafts:eek:----purchased

Ajustable cam gears-----purchased

bomsleg obd2b-obd1 auto harness---next item

P06 ECU ( basemapped by "MRX" antonie in Fl)----purchased

genuine Accord SiR h22 TCU (transmission control unit)-----purchased

H22/H23 obd2 distributor---purchased

H23 lower crank gear-----purchased

H23 timming belt----purchased

h23 DC header----in route

I will be using the f23 headgasket. Approximate compression due to the H23 Head is 9:7 or 9:8, which is slightly higher than the stock 9:3

Accordpicsdropped.jpg

The car thats going under the knife:D

Misc010.jpg

The reworked H23 head ( new everything, valves, seals, resurfaced)

DSC00280paint.jpg

complete h23 head with valve cover

Lots more pics to come. Once this car is done, it will be a pretty quick daily driver and street sleeper. I got a decent set of Rota slipstream knockoffs, 15lbs (wheel&tire) to run on, so i can keep my 18" ADR's for crusin:D

Last edited:

jackhunt321

Reaction score
A couple of questions, and respect from me.
1.)Why the H23 and not the H22 head? VTEC rules for top end.
2.)Whats your estimated HP?
3.)Why is the F23 better than the H23 bottom end?
4.)IS a F23 bottom + H22 top more powerfult than a H22?
5.)What are you planning on tuning with since no stock ECU is going to run this correctly?

Egi7

Reaction score
jackhunt321 said:
A couple of questions, and respect from me.
1.)Why the H23 and not the H22 head? VTEC rules for top end.
2.)Whats your estimated HP?
3.)Why is the F23 better than the H23 bottom end?
4.)IS a F23 bottom + H22 top more powerfult than a H22?
5.)What are you planning on tuning with since no stock ECU is going to run this correctly?

1. The H23 head is cheaper, and raises the compression slightly, plus a set of Delta regrinds were very cheap. I rode in a f22/h23 hybrid with stock cams and the difference is like night and day(dont underestimate it). Plus later on this will turn into a boost project. The H22 head requires a little more fabrication to make it work properly, Vtec rules the top end, yes, but if i were to use the h22 head on the f23 block with stock pistons, it wil only yeld 8:3 compression due to the h22 head clearence, which would still be better than sohc f23, but wouldnt yeild high results unless i purchased k20 pistsons to bump it up.

2. Estimated Hp.......around 170hp

3. The F23 has a longer stroke than the H23, which means its capable of more low end torque, and with a 2900 lb accord you need all the torque you can get.

4.To answer your 4th question, the F23/h22 hybrid in allmotor form is only more potent than the h22 if you use aftermarket pistons or swap some k20 pistons that would yeild around 11:7. The low end will be great, but the top end will not be as strong because of the lower redline and low compression. But with higher compression, the G23vtec would be a street killer, in my opinion. In all motor, there is no replacement for displacment.

5. Good question, the Uberdata engine managment software will be utilized to tune my G23 hybrid. I have everything I need in terms of hardware and Antonie aka "MRX" from Fl will be tuning my car. Uberdata is just like Hondata but a whole lot more user friendly

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Egi7 said:
1. The H23 head is cheaper, and raises the compression slightly, plus a set of Delta regrinds were very cheap. I rode in a f22/h23 hybrid with stock cams and the difference is like night and day(dont underestimate it). Plus later on this will turn into a boost project. The H22 head requires a little more fabrication to make it work properly, Vtec rules the top end, yes, but if i were to use the h22 head on the f23 block with stock pistons, it wil only yeld 8:3 compression due to the h22 head clearence, which would still be better than sohc f23, but wouldnt yeild high results unless i purchased k20 pistsons to bump it up.

werd... the h22 head needs custom work to fit correctly... and h22 is good only for NA... H23 is way better for boost...

good luck on the project man... i was thinking abt doing the same, but dropped the project due to lack of cash (just got out of school... need a job first :( )

4dr4bangrAccord

Reaction score
Egi7 said:

2. Estimated Hp.......around 170hp

3. The F23 has a longer stroke than the H23, which means its capable of more low end torque, and with a 2900 lb accord you need all the torque you can get.

4.To answer your 4th question, the F23/h22 hybrid in allmotor form is only more potent than the h22 if you use aftermarket pistons or swap some k20 pistons that would yeild around 11:7. The low end will be great, but the top end will not be as strong because of the lower redline and low compression. But with higher compression, the G23vtec would be a street killer, in my opinion. In all motor, there is no replacement for displacment.

5. Good question, the Uberdata engine managment software will be utilized to tune my G23 hybrid. I have everything I need in terms of hardware and Antonie aka "MRX" from Fl will be tuning my car. Uberdata is just like Hondata but a whole lot more user friendly

so no one else would be able to tune this besides your friend? or all someone would need is the uberdata software so anyone can tune it?

Egi7

Reaction score
4dr4bangrAccord said:
so no one else would be able to tune this besides your friend? or all someone would need is the uberdata software so anyone can tune it?

Anybody with knowlegde and experience using the Uberdata software can tune their car. So yea, anyone can tune it

4dr4bangrAccord

Reaction score
ohh i see ...so your using your stock tranny? whats the TCU for? and the bomsleg obd2b-obd1 auto harness is for the P06 Ecu? thanks for your answers :)

Egi7

Reaction score
yes stock tranny, my shift points using the Accord SiR TCU will be right on point with the rpm powerband my cams will produce. the TCU is the computer controls the shift points in auto transmissions. the boomsleg harness is converting me back to obd1 automatic. The 0bd2 ecu had the ECU and TCU built into one unit, obd1 didnt, they had a ecu and a separate TCU. So the harness is converting my obd2b ECU to obd1 ecu and obd1 tcu. Which iam using the P06 civic Ecu (tuned) and the SiR TCU.

Back