accord boi's 2009 WRX

accord boi

Reaction score
Just some pics of what I've been up to with my 09 WRX...

Vids first:

Stock pull to almost 60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvNd8Yd3tA

Stage 1 pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lrrKpUymI&feature=channel_page

Starting with my old thread pics when it was stock

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

Then I debadged the trunk, added the SPT catback, and tinted

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

After a while I had finished planning my Carputer build

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

I'm an avid snowboarder so just took these pics for fun :) First one is after we went to Big Bear

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Short Shifter and bushings went in shortly thereafter. The SS and front bushing was done first, which made a noticeable difference. I later added the rear stay bushing and the pivot bushing and everything is now very accurate with little to no slop

IMG_1877.jpg

I also swapped out the speakers for some Rainbow Platinums up front. You can see the difference in the magnet sizes from stock

IMG_1788.jpg

The next thing in line was getting foglights put in, which I really wanted when I bought the car but didn't want to spring for the premium! The HID's from the Accord were the same bulb type, so I was able to pop those in as well to have HID lows and fogs! I also cleared out the headlights that day with the help of a friend

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

Then I went Stage 1 with the Cobb AP, but there's really no pictures of that ;) That brings us up to the present where I had the first (I think) Stoptech BBK testfit by Stoptech at their facility. It is a 328x28mm kit that preserves the stock brake bias and has 4 piston calipers. I opted for the slotted rotors and also got stainless front and rear brake lines.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

Today I went and test fitted my snowboard rack. I am using the OEM crossbars with a Yakima FreshSesh snowboard rack. The Yakima comes with everything you need to attach it to the factory bars so no worries. You just might want to pick up some SKS core locks to protect your gear! I opted for the snow camo theme :)

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

Planned/Stuff on the way:

18x8.5" Rota Grids in Hyperblack
BC Racing Coils
Front Lip
FMIC
Cobb DP/Stage 2

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: What I've Been Up To: 2009 WRX

Nice upgrade to the WRX. Already looks like a good work in progress. Keep it clean.

lwlba

Reaction score

those cars are growing on me...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

wait till you learn how to launch, if you have not already. My dad has the hatch-back. Its crazy quick.......I sure wish I could afford one!!!!

Last edited:
Back