HID question

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I just got a factory HID kit from an 02 TL and was wondering if you have to use the same temperature bulbs in the factory setup. I'd really like to get the purple HID bulbs but I'm kinda new to the HID thing, and the kit only had one good bulb, so I'm gonna have to buy some new bulbs anyway. Any help is appreciated.

ryon527

Reaction score
you can use any K bulb you want with the acura oem ballasts. the higher K rating bulb you go the less usable light you'll get. 4300k is oem K rating.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i have 6000k in my headlights, i think its the perfect temp for best color and light output. i wouldnt go any higher then sayyyy 8000k, unless it for like show off purposes only.

angelplus

Reaction score
Yeah, I have 4300k and it actually has the brightest output. The higher in the Kelvin levels, the less light is emitted onto the road. So I'd stick from 4300k - 7000k is the best levels of light output. Let us know how it turns out or if you have any other questions.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
yeah I had 6000K bulbs with a ballast from a lexus before they got stolen :mad: and now I got 10000K and the light output is not as good.....they are a purplish blue color.....they 6000K was really bright white light

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
I concour! lol 4300 is the best...hell i wanna get 8000k just for meets and shows...but thats later down the road. i dunno if the acura hid bulbs fit the 9006 fitment we have on our 6th gens. if not.. u might have to get a 9006 rebased bulb. for the d2r bulb of course

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
i dunno if the acura hid bulbs fit the 9006 fitment we have on our 6th gens. if not.. u might have to get a 9006 rebased bulb. for the d2r bulb of course

I saved the plug from the donor car by cutting the wires just in front of the harness. I spliced into the Accord's harness and got it to work. I'm gonna try to find some bulbs at the local speedshop later today. It seems that I need to stay under 8000K, so I'll see what I can find. Thanks alot guys! :D

Back