one question..

turbocayenne

Reaction score
to anybody who has red-clear taillight, do u guys change the turnlight sign bulb into the yellow one because i don't wanna get pulled over by "popo" because my turnlight is not yellow..

Browntown

Reaction score
I know that they make silverstars like that..... they're mirrored and light up amber and put out a good amount of light. Autozone: $20

talonted1990

Reaction score
I have not changed mine yet and no problems so far. I guess it is time to break down and spend money on new bulbs for the rear before I get stopped.

dynasty

Reaction score
personally, i know it's required for an amber/yellow/red color signals but i'm sure you won't get pulled over for white colored signals. technically, it's not illegal due to some BMW comes stock. but those are stock bulbs so you can't argue with that. so basically, it's up to the policemen if they want to ruin someone's day. but for me, i have stock clear bulbs and haven't had a problem. i used to have hyper whites and got pulled over. policemen gave me a warning because my signals was too bright.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
personally, i know it's required for an amber/yellow/red color signals but i'm sure you won't get pulled over for white colored signals. technically, it's not illegal due to some BMW comes stock. but those are stock bulbs so you can't argue with that. so basically, it's up to the policemen if they want to ruin someone's day. but for me, i have stock clear bulbs and haven't had a problem. i used to have hyper whites and got pulled over. policemen gave me a warning because my signals was too bright.

you know i got hyper whites in the back also and i have been told by cops that they are to bright to. I dont understand why they will conplain if it is bright i mean if it is not then you cant see it as well. With mines when i turn them on you can see them really clear ther is no mistaken that i am going to turn. I also use to have hypers in the front but i took them off cuz at night with my head lights on you could not see them untill last minute so I put the sylvan ones that look clear but are amber I really like them they have a jdm collor.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
By law, it's required the rear turn signals are red or amber.
When I changed my tail lights, I left in the original bulbs. So mine show clear. The same as my reverse lights. It's been like that for the past 4 years and no problem yet

Back