Anyone removed the headliner?

heathan

Reaction score
I'm about to start another little phase of my interior project. I'm going to dye the seats, door panel fabrics, headliner, and maybe the carpet. Now I know everyone has an opinion on this and I've heard most of them. Wrapping everything would be much better and wouldn't decrease the value of the car the way that painting or dyeing would. But I figure that I'd like to learn about uphostering, so maybe some day I'll just wrap over the old dyed fabric. Anyway, has anyone attempted this yet? It says nothing about it in my Haynes manual, but I figure it's probably pretty straight forward. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.

Once I find the charger to my camcorder I'll start the project so that I can take some DIY pics to post afterwards.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To remove the headliner you need to take out the "oh ****" handles, a-pillar covers, rear seats, rear 1/4 panels, sun visors, sunglasses holder/maplights, dome light, and the top screws for the seat belts to get the rear 1/4 panels out. If you have a sunroof you'll need to pull the plastic cover/guard off as well. Once you do all that it should just pull down but be careful. It may be useful to remove one of the front seats so you have more room to move around and get it out of the car.

ryon527

Reaction score
you should have someone help you when you remove the headliner so you don't crease it.

heathan

Reaction score
well I don't have a sunroof so that'll make it a tad bit easier. I think it should go pretty smoothly. I'll definetly have someone help me out with it though. I don't like workin alone anyways. I like to have a buddy to BS with.

okasu

Reaction score
ahhh there is green everywhere... he shat everywhere!! HaHA... all you need now is them huge hulk gloves that Andy has in his trunk. HAHA coming along good so far... cant wait to see how it turns out.

heathan

Reaction score
ok, I have the headliner removed along with alot of the trim. I think I'm just gonna keep goin with it now before the cold weather sets in. I'm gonna remove the dash trim again and repaint it all and paint the dash black. I'm also gonna do away with the gold. I've posted more pics on my cardomain page as well too. Keep ya posted!! And thanks for all the comments everyone.

Back