Kill Fuel Switch?

dynasty

Reaction score
Is there a DIY for a fuel kill switch? Or any suggestions of how NOT to get your Accord stolen? I read some DIY for Civics on JDMUniverse but not for Accords. And so, i don't want my Accord to be stolen which it basically don't have anything else. LOL. But just in case and i'm sure others would want one also. Sometimes, alarm system doesn't work very well. Had my 3 10" Audiobahn stolen before. :mad:

Icemul

Reaction score
I'm sure there are DYI's out there... but its always way more fun to come up with your own custom design for stuff. You could use something like THIS and hook it up to your fuel pump.

I live around Washington DC, I had my Civic broke into 4 times. One time they stole my stock side mirrors, and they stole my radio setup every damn time. Nice part is I got better stuff thanks to insurance every time. But not once did they take the car, its always a grab and go. Very rarely to do they take the entire car. Just a thought. Oh on my last amp, I had it welded to the trunk, and I put a huge smiley sticker on it, I'm sure that pissed them off the last time they broke in and didn't take my amp.

dynasty

Reaction score
Well, my sister's friend who had a GSR got her car stripped recently. also, my other friend who used to own a 97 Accord got his car stripped from inside and out. the engine was pretty much stock but he got all the good brands. greddy muffler, headers, CAI, the whole speedometer gauges, JL system, and even floor mats!

so i just want to make sure nothing is going to be stolen when i install all my parts in. i plan to buy the stuff and then install it all at once. other than that, i drive a 4runner as my daily driver and the 99 Accord is for my little sister. if anyone could find something useful, it's much appreciated!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
just take out your # 13 fuse on driver side, it disconnects ur ecu from the power. i doit when i park out in a non watched parkinglot or night or when i got on trips

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
just take out your # 13 fuse on driver side, it disconnects ur ecu from the power. i doit when i park out in a non watched parkinglot or night or when i got on trips

Does this mean the car has no power at all? or what? lol

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
its the fuse for ur ecu and clock. without ur ecu being powered, no one is taking ur car.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Icemul said:
Oh on my last amp, I had it welded to the trunk, and I put a huge smiley sticker on it, I'm sure that pissed them off the last time they broke in and didn't take my amp.

haha

yeah like people have said a kill switch won't prevent anyone from ripping **** out of your car unfortunately. but I can't see that being hard to setup, just put a relay in the power line for the fuel pump.

for theft prevention... tinted windows would probably be the most effective, but then you have to worry about cops

angelplus

Reaction score
Get compustar :) I got mine installed on Monday, and it has anti-grind, ignition kill, Tach/Alternator Engine Sensing, and some other stuff that I forget, but thats probably the best way to go. Other security systems also have that kind of stuff, but you'd have to look around.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
angelplus said:
Get compustar :) I got mine installed on Monday, and it has anti-grind, ignition kill, Tach/Alternator Engine Sensing, and some other stuff that I forget, but thats probably the best way to go. Other security systems also have that kind of stuff, but you'd have to look around.

How much did everything cost installed?

Back