Problem With my 2001 honda accord 4cly 5spd

vipergt13

Reaction score
i have a well you see it in the title the car wont rev over 4000 over heats, and i took off the valuve cover and no oil was coming out my check engine light is on because i put a high flow cat on there so since the top end of my motor aint getting any oil should i replace or just use the motor also when u start it up and go to rev it up it cuts out while revving i put a new timing belt on and water pump the water pump works because you take off the upper raditor hose and coolant comes out the hose the fans will not turn on but if you jumper the relay in the fuse box they come on someone please help me with this i checked all my grounds and they are working also i am wondering if if when i put the timing belt on i did connect the oil pump and i dented my oil pan where the drain plug is like an inch long story so thanks for looking and email me if you know how to fix all this thanks take care god bless later lukas :confused: :confused: :confused:

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
it sounds to me like your oil pump is not working right because you are not building any oil pressure. Check if you connected it right or if it is able to pick up oil you know because of the dent that you are talking about. I think that is why you cant rev pass 4000 are vtec is sensitive if there is not anof oil then it wont let you rev pas the engagement point. that has happen to me it feels like the car is turning off and on.

vipergt13

Reaction score
yes but my ? is did it hurt the motor and where is the oil pump aint it under the timing cover thanks also does anyone know how hard it would be to put a v6 with a 6spd transmission in my 2001 honda accord 4cly 5spd thanks take care god bless later lukas and what would cause the cooling fans not to kick on?

angelplus

Reaction score
Vtec is not engaging, change your oil. It will not engage into Vtec if there is not enough oil. Bout the other stuff, I dont know lol sorry, hope this helps

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
angelplus said:
Vtec is not engaging, change your oil. It will not engage into Vtec if there is not enough oil. Bout the other stuff, I dont know lol sorry, hope this helps

he had talked to me a little over IM about this. he has enough oil in his car, and i said it could be the selenoid maybe, and then he mentioned something about the oil not being under the valve cover, and i thought it might be the oil pump as well.

Back