alignment?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
anyone know how to adjust your own alignment? im thinking of just putting mine as close to normal as i can without rubbing the fenders, cuz i know my rear will if its got no camber. so if someone would be able to let me know how to adjust camber, toe, and even castor, thatd be awesome. im gonna buy the ingalls front and rear camber kits eventually. prolly the rear one this week hopefully.

du3ce

Reaction score
off topic but when u put on new rims do u have to get a allignment?

angelplus

Reaction score
du3ce said:
off topic but when u put on new rims do u have to get a allignment?

I believe so. My friend had to, but on wheelsnext.com it says that the wheels come to you and you dont have to get an alignment.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
i know how to do aligments but i dont see how you are going to do it without the machines to mesure and tell you were you are at. That is the hard part to be able to mesure your alignment with out an alignment machine. the other stuff its easy all it is is losening a nut and rotating a shaft.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
angelplus said:
I believe so. My friend had to, but on wheelsnext.com it says that the wheels come to you and you dont have to get an alignment.

Just slapping wheels on shouldn't warrent an alignment. I'll be putting mine on today when I get home.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, like technically you shoud get an alignment when you put wheels, on, but they make such a small difference, it doesnt even make that big of a difference, and if you get as close to stock as possible, you wont really need one. and the way i plan on DIYing an alignment is by eyeballing it, hahaha. i deff need some kind of alignment for the front.....how do you change the toe? thats what i need to do the most.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
anyone have a picture or would be able to post a picture of where the front ball joints are? i bought the ingalls front ball joint camber kit and im getting it friday. so i need to know where to install it, haha.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
First, you do not need to get alignment for new wheels. It does not affect any suspension geometry. The only reason some people recommend it is because it assume you'll have new tires. You technically should get alignment anytime you get new tires to prolong the life of them.

DIY alightment is something i'd recommend. You will probably mess things up more than anything. I have 1.5 degrees of negative camber all around. But it isn't something you could eyeball. You will have no clue where you are comming from or where you are going to end up. Much less caster. And the most important TOE. Mess that up enough and you'll be going through tires in a matter of months.

Why are your wheel rubbing your fenders? And would a change in tiresize or offset help? It may be a better way to go.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Agreed - you do not need alignment just b/c you change your wheels. As far as DIY alignment goes, umm...yea....unless you got the tools and know how, leave to the shops.

You don't know where the front ball joint is? Take your front wheels off, look up at the top wishbone, where the two ends meet there's a rubber thing, that's your ball joint. Good luck getting out unless you have some air tools or a torch.

Back