Should you just get a temporary ban?

Would temporary bans be excessive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Seems like there's been even more people not paying attention to the FS rules, which makes it annoying to run around closing 5 threads a day. Justin's been doing it like 90% of the time though it seems lol.

Still it's really annoying to have it come up over, and over, and over again. I want to know if you guys think it'd be excess to make the FS forums stricter. If you don't follow the rules, you get a 3 day ban and maybe infraction points that hang around longer to effectively have an extended probation.

Vote, and give thoughts if you have any.

Cpyro

Reaction score
Im still very new here, but ive noticed that alot. I think ppl just try to get it in fast and just get it over with. 90% of the posters have like 1 post and just joined. They figure even if it gets lockd, someone might PM them and they will get the sale. But i think the ban might be too much...Maybe if there was like a form to fill out for put things up for sale, so if they dont have the requirements to post it wouldnt work. sounds kool but im sure it would be a pain in the ***... lol

LoveLee

Reaction score
its been known that noobs who get their FS threads closed like to make new threads and start post whoring about how unfair it is. giving them a temp. ban will solve the problem and save us from pointless posting along with scams.

good idea cody :)

finch13

Reaction score
Let's start using teh ban hammah! The overall quality of the site and it's info is degrading over time because of these people.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
its been known that noobs who get their FS threads closed like to make new threads and start post whoring about how unfair it is. giving them a temp. ban will solve the problem and save us from pointless posting along with scams.

good idea cody :)

why'd you vote they'd be excessive then? lulz

dtraill27

Reaction score
i think it is a good idea. i just posted a fs thread. it look me 30 seconds too look over your post about how to include everything in the proper way. ive only been active for a short time but the constant closing of those threads is annoying. i think the users that contribute to the site in a positive way create proper fs threads so a ban could help to weed out users who will be nuisances to the site

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Banning them would either deter new members away from the website/cause more issues/Less new people to the forum

and most noobs dont read the rules... i dont read the rules of other forums so im guilty my self but to keep the community growing, then i wouldnt even excersie that option. No offense but we cant ban all future noobs who post forsale threads for the luxury of one person being annoyed... Every mod would get annoyed but thats just what we are gonna have to deal with right now

and its just me but why even close threads... some noobs have cool stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back