VIS CF Hood

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
So I can get one of these hoods BUT it has been painted over so it's black. I can get the hood for $50 US. Should I buy it and paint it blue to match my car or there any way to get rid of the black paint and give it the CF look again?

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think that tere is a way to get the cf look again but it is still a good deal get it and paint it. Now i have a question my cf hood has some scratches on it how would i be able to get rid of them. I was thinking of wet sanding it and re clear it. Can that be done?

Phut

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
i dont think that tere is a way to get the cf look again but it is still a good deal get it and paint it. Now i have a question my cf hood has some scratches on it how would i be able to get rid of them. I was thinking of wet sanding it and re clear it. Can that be done?
it can be done. in fact i recommend anyone that gets a cf hood or trunk to have a shop put a nice coat of clear on it. a lot of people mistaken that the hoods or trunk come clear coated when they're just uv protected. there's just some kind of get in the resin that's only protecting the surface.

Phut

Reaction score
.::Basil::. said:
So I can get one of these hoods BUT it has been painted over so it's black. I can get the hood for $50 US. Should I buy it and paint it blue to match my car or there any way to get rid of the black paint and give it the CF look again?
i think you're better off color matching the hood to your car. it'll be a PITA to get original look back.

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
yah i think ill just drive down to the states with no hood on then just put it on my car down there.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:

How bad are the scratches?? If they're light, some 3M Rubbing Compund and a radial buffer may be able to take some surface stuff out. I did it on my carbon hood on my 240SX before I sold it. That, then some good polish, and a sacraficial layer of wax can do a lot more than most people think.

justvtec

Reaction score
IMO i think that if u goin to get a CF HOOD let it b known that u have a CF hood dont paint it(I think getting a CF hood will get you out of rice mode)IMO

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
That may be next on the list after my drop. I have a ton of rock chips, two of which are rusting. CF ftw!!

now imagine that CF hood with those rock chips ;).......exact reason why i changed my mind, im not gonna put down that much money for something thats just gonna get f*cked up anyway.

Back