help with motor swap

vipergt13

Reaction score
ok i have a 2001 honda acccord 4cly 5spd and i want to put a v6 5spd or 6spd in it can anyone help me with this and is it worth it after it is all said and done and how much mods to the wiring will i have to do thanks take care god bless all later lukas and can anyone shot me a price on it just got the parts

Icemul

Reaction score
It would be worth it if you could figure out how to put a 2JZ-GTE engine in your accord! :) Why are you thinking to go V6?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Unless you want to do a Type-S(Acura) swap, your up **** creek. Our gen. Accords we're never offered in a V6 5speed.

jackhunt321

Reaction score
going from a 4 cylinder to a V6 has never been done. It would be pointless and VERY expensive.

vipergt13

Reaction score
but i have problems with my 4cly and i wanted more power i didnt know thats why i asked guys thanks take care god bless later lukas

vipergt13

Reaction score
well if i did a type s how hard would the wiring be may i ask thanks guys take care god bless later lukas

jackhunt321

Reaction score
hello...did i s s s studder....you can't do it. You would have to relocate all of your brake lines, and well...EVERYTHING in the engine. Its never been done and no offense but if your dumb enough to ask that question, you don't have the intelligence to do it. The wiring would be easy compared to the rest of the work.

Icemul

Reaction score
Not sure how easy it would be, but if you have your heart set on an engine swap, you might want to look at a K-series engine (K24A3) its the 4cyl out of the new accords.

If your looking to race it, then go wild. If your looking for a Daily driver then just put same engine back in (F23) direct swap is easy!

theaccordian

Reaction score
jackhunt321 said:
going from a 4 cylinder to a V6 has never been done. It would be pointless and VERY expensive.

jackhunt321 said:
hello...did i s s s studder....you can't do it. You would have to relocate all of your brake lines, and well...EVERYTHING in the engine. Its never been done and no offense but if your dumb enough to ask that question, you don't have the intelligence to do it. The wiring would be easy compared to the rest of the work.

Wrong. Research is your friend. Instead of thinking you are the all mighty Accord guru, whos knowledge cannot be questioned and insulting other memebers. Try a little google search before you consider your words a universal fact. Its been done...twice.I believe our 4 bangers also have the same subrame or sumthing and v6 mounts are able to bolt up. but dont quote me on that. As the saying goes anything is possilbe with enough $.

There you go with the personal insults. Werent we all noobs at one time. If everyone had your attitude no one would learn everything. Everyone would be too scared to ask questions from fear of the almighty jackhunt verbally abusing them. Do you seriosuly feel the need to change every single thread you post in to a flame war, cause thats what all your posts lead to. Check your ego at the door bro.

9756Img_0634-med.jpg

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74103
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44047&page=1&pp=30

Last edited:
Back