Aftermarket Hood Help

TeeJ

Reaction score
I have 2 sizable dents in my hood where someone probably sat on it. Used OEM hoods in my area are not easy to come by, and they are never in my color. I don't really want to have to take the paint off a different color car and then repaint the whole thing. So i see my options are carbon fiber, which I think is illegal in Ontario (but I'm not sure, something about being crappy in pedestrian strikes or something) or an aftermarket hood. I don't really want the carbon fiber hood as I want to keep my car looking as OEM as possible. What am going to need to expect from a non OEM hood? Are they crappy parts, do they not hold paint well, are they prone to rust etc. If anyone has an aftermarket one I want to hear if they are more trouble then they are worth.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
The only thing I could see being a little off is that the fit may not be as exact as an oem. I have small gaps with my cf one. otherwise its pretty much the same thing as an oem. you could always just buy a cf one and paint it to save weight but also keep the stock look

TeeJ

Reaction score
Has anyone looking at this thread painted their CF hood? Is it harder to paint?

541accord

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it just like painting a regular hood, maybe a little more prep, but anyone correct me if im wrong

Back