Using A/C makes car even slower

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
Is it normal for the car to accelerate even slower when using the A/C? Is there anyhting that can be done about it?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yes, its cuz the a/c drains more on your system, motor system stuff, not audio. but yea, its supossed to be like that.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
That absolutly normal. A/C take about 10-20% of your power. A/C needs a lot of power to make the compressor running. And you'll do less MPG with A/C on. It's like driving with all windows open. The restriction caused by wind with open windows reduce aerodynamic coefficient resulting in less MPG too.

TDotCord

Reaction score
yeah it happen with AC. It's worse with a 4 banger. Sometime I just shut off the AC momentairly when I need to get on the on ramp to merge into traffic.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Normal - want to reduce it? Get a pulley kit.

but i hope for you you don't have a very bid sound system because underdrive pulley like AEM Tru-Power reduce amp and watt.. and anyways, there is no real hp gain of using Tru-Power pulley..

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody. I was just wondering if there was a simple solution.

skabone

Reaction score
since its belt driven you can't avoid it. me personally I'll take being cool over having power. it hit 118 in AZ today, so I want my AZ on.:D

Back