DIY Headlight Haze Removal

Icemul

Reaction score
Well I had a really bad haze over my headlights, so I thought I'd do a DIY when I cleaned them.

First off this is what my headlights look liked.

And from another angle

The only supplies you need is a good cordless drill, a terry cloth, and the cleaner and buffer. I got 3m Plastic Cleaner and Polish, each bottle was $9.99, for the buffer I got one of them Mothers Powerball Buffers.
I got all the supplies from: Autogeek.net
Here is a pic of the supplies.

First apply the cleaner with the terry cloth, I rubbed it in a circular motion until I had rubbed it dry. Took about two minutes per light to clean them. After they were cleaned, I put some of the polish on the buffer and with light pressure I buffer again in a circular motion. After the polish was all buffed in, it looked like it could use a tad more, so I did it again. The whole thing only took 15 minutes. It made a 100% improvement.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

PhattyT

Reaction score
wow nice job, sounds good XD i wanna try sometime =D

PhattyT

Reaction score
where you buy the buff ball at? how much did it cost? i couldn't find anyone with a buffer T_T

Phut

Reaction score
nice job, but would be even nicer if you showed the after pics of the same headlight you used in the before pics.

Icemul

Reaction score
I added a link to where I got the supplies. As for not taking a pic of the same light, well the glare was too bad on it after it was cleaned. So I just used the other light, they were both just as bad when I started, and both cleaned up the same. Sorry. It was an easy fix, and there was plenty of the cleaner/polish left over, I'm planning on doing several of my friends lights also.

PhattyT

Reaction score
could any of the supplies be found at walmart or autozone?

Icemul

Reaction score
I know the Powerball is at Autozone, but I couldn't find any plastic polish at any of the stores around me. Since I had to order the polish, figured I'd order the powerball at the same time.

PhattyT

Reaction score
awww T_T i tried wal-mart today... no luck, going to see if my autozone has all the supplies... XD

-edit: autozone does have the mothers buffer ball, but not the plastic cleaner and polish...

are there any other substitute for those bottles? i saw something like "kit scratch and haze removal" would that work? they ran out of those but stocking up tomorrow...

Last edited:
Back