H22A Pics needed...

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
Well My Auto Tranny blew so I'm gunna do the H22A Swap with an auto to 5-speed tranny. I wanted to know how clean the swap looks in regards to the trim around the new clutch pedal and the shift stick trim. If anyone with a H22 swap can post pics of the interior after a swap that would be great. Also would you guys recommend doing this swap for a daily driven accord? I need this to be a reliable car to get to school and bakc everyday. Any input would be great. Thanks, Basil.

HandoEX

Reaction score
.::Basil::. said:
Well My Auto Tranny blew so I'm gunna do the H22A Swap with an auto to 5-speed tranny. I wanted to know how clean the swap looks in regards to the trim around the new clutch pedal and the shift stick trim. If anyone with a H22 swap can post pics of the interior after a swap that would be great. Also would you guys recommend doing this swap for a daily driven accord? I need this to be a reliable car to get to school and bakc everyday. Any input would be great. Thanks, Basil.
I would think that as long as you get an H22a in decent condition the car should be a very reliable DD. Most people recommend buying the swap from a reputable dealer and the "get what you pay for" saying is important to keep in mind. On top of the cost of the motor and tranny, you'll probably look at spending approximately $1k, but this really depends on which clutch and flywheel you go with. Good luck!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The manual swap alone might be around $1k but the H22/manual swap together will be more like $3k.

Reaction score
alright sounds good guys. Well I've found a engine and tranny for $2000 CAD and the install is gunna be $500-$1000 at an import shop here in Vancouver. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Also TitaniumACC would you mind posting some pics of your clutch pedal and stift stick if you get a chance. Thanks, for the input guys.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Doing this swap right now the car is 90% done just waiting on a Half shaft and a few small things to come in and it will be done. I'll make sure to post alot of pics when it's done.

01accorddx

Reaction score
i drive my car 150 miles a day 6 days a week, no probs yet wit a h22w auto man swap, but if i can do it over again i would prob jus swap tha motor into a hatch.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Also TitaniumACC would you mind posting some pics of your clutch pedal and stift stick if you get a chance. Thanks, for the input guys.

my Accord was already 5speed so i didn't have this work to do. But, both Accord automatic or manual were the same. The automatic have all holes necessary to put the manual tranny parts (pedals, shifter assembly). Yes you will have some work to do, like find a shifter assembly from a 5speed Accord 98-02 and the shifter trim, for the center console.

Reaction score
Allright sounds good. So did you find a huge difference in acceleration from the F23 to the H22?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Allright sounds good. So did you find a huge difference in acceleration from the F23 to the H22?

I don't have an H but I would think so. :rolleyes: :D

Back