Emblem Question.

Bboy_Zen

Reaction score
Okay as everyone knows.. the back Honda (H) emblem is stuck on the back and there are two revealing small holes after you remove it.. (Well.. on my 99 2dr Accord there is). I'm wondering how you cover that.. I've seen many cars without the holes and they look very clean. I'm a complete newbie at this kind of stuff.. so if anyone could tell me that would very helpful. Thanks in advance. (Do you replace the whole trunk? O__Oa :confused:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
what you can have done, is take it to a body shop, and a good body shop would fill the holes with weld, sand it down, and repaint it. thats the correct way to do it. i, personally thought the H emblem on the back of the car was too small, haha, so i custom upgraded mine:

rearshot.jpg

dynasty

Reaction score
ahh! this is where i come in. LOL. i would use bondo or fiberglass. i never tried before because i don't want to go through all the painting again. but basically, use a chopstick or small stick and fill it in with bondo or fiberglass into that hole. after that, you need to sand it flat and paint it.

or you could go to the shop and let them do it. i'm sure it would be a cleaner look but price, i don't even know. i usually do my own maintenance.

bronconite

Reaction score
You can try to fill the holes with body filler, but it will eventually show through. This isn't what body filler is designed for. Filler is designed for very thin skim coats on the surface. The right way to do it is to weld them shut, grind down the weld, then skim coat with filler, sand smooth, prime and paint. The good news is if you go the body filler route you won't get alot of money in it. So when you're not happy with it later it won't be like you had to pay for it twice.

dynasty

Reaction score
i used to have white LED emblem on my front grill. now it doesn't work so i threw it away. =)

Back