CAR starts but doesnt shift out of park...

and_one

Reaction score
i was changing my clock bulb late last night and all of a sudden my car starts but doesnt shift out of park. it doesnt seem to be showing some things like...the srs light, the brake light, and some other ones on the instrument cluster. the cluster lights up when i turn the headlights and the key light and the battery light seems to be the only things that light up on the cluster. the power door locks work but not the power windows. the headlights worked at one point but i believed blew out. i dont know if i short circuited something because ive been having problems with my FUSE BOX from day one...what do you guys think??? any info is appreciated??? thanks in advance

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
check ALL your fuses. Even you dont think it has anything to do with the problem, get back at us after you do that.
driving.gif

jwl03

Reaction score
i know this may sound retarded, but if you removed those two wiring harnesses that connect to the clock assembly, did you remember to plug it back?

I forgot to re-plug one while I was installing my headunit, and my left front speaker, power windows, didn't work.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
^^^^ its not the two harnesses on the clock that could be the problem. i have ran both on and off and they dont affect anything except the clock on one and the blinkers on the other

and_one

Reaction score
i checked my fuses and they all seem to be fine from what i see...i had a couple problems when i first recieved the car...the headlights were not working correctly because the previous owner tried to put foglights on and jacked something up...also the cooling fan relay was jacked too because of the dude put a gm fuse from what i saw in the handbook at autozone into the spot...ill check the clock connections again...any info on this is greatly appreciated by all members...ill keep u guys posted

and_one

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! got it to work guys...i guess i overlooked the fuses and it happened the be the most important one when it comes to this problem i had... it was the instrument back light fuse...haha...i guess it was so f.cken hot in my garage today that anybody would of missed it...damn near 113 degrees today...and who knows what it was in the garage...but yeah just thought u guys should kno...oh yeah just got my headlights to worry about now...but i think i could fix that problem since my dad did it for me before...thanks for all the feedback guys

and_one

Reaction score
everything works now...well except for my odometer light...but thats nothing...haha...well yeah thanks again for the feedback guys...talk to you guys later

Back