Components for the front

gimpgutter

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been contemplating putting 6.5" components in the front, but i do have a few questions:

1) Does anyone here have the Infinity Kappa 60.5cs system or know if it fits in the door with little modification.

2) I would like to mount the tweeters in the stock location because i will eventually take these speakers out of the car and want to maintain stock look. How do you access the wiring from the woofer to the tweeter? Basically, i want to know how to run the wiring from the crossover in the door back to the tweeter in the dash. I have searched and searched online in this forum and many other places with no luck.

3) Is the stock head unit decent enough to power the components? I understand i am not going to get the best sound from the stock head unit, but i dont want to throw another 300$ into this car for a head unit and another 250 for an amp. I put four 6x8" Kappas in my dad's Mazda B3000 with the stock head unit and they sing. Absolutely crisp mids and highs and surprisingly deep, tight bass. Far better than most peoples aftermarket speakers with aftermarket head units that i have heard.

4) Or do you recommend getting someone to install it? I am pretty handy and have many tools and a good knowledge of electrical wiring, but i dont want to rip my dash apart if need be. I have gotten quotes of anywhere from $65 to 130 just for the components. My only real concern is the tweeter wiring.

And one last question: Does anyone have experience with Nakamichi amps and head units? Every local shop i have gone to never even heard of Nak, which scares me. I know their home amps are exceptional quality, and their legendary Dragon series tape deck is simply the best in the world. I know someone on here installed their component speakers, but didnt mention their amps.

Any info you guys can give me would be appreciated. I am going crazy looking for info online about the tweeters, looking for a wiring diagram, and wondering if i can still even get the Infinity 60.5cs since they switched to the ****ty 2 ohm impedence on their new line.

Stunna1

Reaction score
i got alpine type r comps installed.. in my coupe nd i left the original tweets in they're not hooked up nd the best thing 2 do is get a good pair of comps nd mount the tweeter somewhere..i got mine right in front on the actual door handle its flush with the panel of the door...i havent heard of Nak but infinty is a great car audio brand..i would suggest just an amp for the comps and leave the stock deck if your really not trying 2 change it..hopefully i was some help lol

Hush

Reaction score
if you dont' want to stick the xovers in the door you can always run wires out to under the seat like i did. i think naks are hella nice looking now, with their new line for 06. and i already asked about putting tweeters in the stock loc. but it won't work its very very hard to get to. i ended on cutting the door panel for it. or you can do what most audio people do and make some speaker kick panels. if i wasn't lazy i would've done that over putting speakers in the door. the kick panels will always sound better cuz its pointing at you. wiring is hella easy, just have some crimpers and crimps and some spade connetors and your good to go. and if you dont' want to cut the stock speaker harness go to best buy and asked them for some honda speaker wire adpoted for like 5 bucks and you just cut and strip that. but yah most places will never deal or hear of nak cuase its very high end. its like going to best buy and asking for MB quarts or rainbow speakers. most auido shop will know or hear of most brands but many will never carry it or deal with it. i went to a shop for the first time and i saw then carry focal and arc audio. alot of the "underground" brands are getting very well know now a days, esp. eclipse.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
First, you really should use an amp with those components. You may be able get away without one but it will sound terrible.

Crossovers. I put mine in my door but before i wired everything cleanly, i had them in the pannel where the fuseboxes are. Works great.

Tweeters-If you don't mind doing some custom work, you can get them to look stock. Just buy a used pannel where the mirror is. With a piece of pvc pipe and some fiberglass, you can get good results. Here is what i did (the color is off, need to redo it).

tweeterscd9.jpg

Back