H22 swap & 5spd conversion almost done!!!

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well some of you guys know that my car has been in the shop getting this swap done. I'm doing a H22A4 OBD 2 engine and trans swap along with a 5spd conversion using the H22 5spd transmission.

I went to the shop Friday afternoon so here are some pics of the car, it's about almost done now:D I'll need to go pick up a half shaft this week because I need this last part to get the car on the floor. The shop needs to fab a few more things and it should be ready to go. The yellow and blue stuff in the engine bay is just painters tape to prevent scratches etc.

Basic parts list
=H22A4 Motor w/Polished Housing.
=H22A4 5spd Transmission
=5spd manual conversation miscellaneous parts
=Exedy Stage 1 Street Clutch
=13LB Lightened Flywheel
=JDM Type-S Valve Cover Laser Cut For Cam Gear Access
=Greddy Timing Belt
=Greddy Drive Belt
=Skunk2 Adjustable Cam Gears
=AEM fuel Press Regulator
=AEM Fuel Filter
=RMR Racing Custom Fuel Rail
=VITEK Ultra Series Spark Plug Wires
=NGK Double Platinum Spark Plugs
=Helix Throttle Body Spacer Version # 1
=Injen Polished Cold Air Intake
=APEX'I Super Grounding System
=Megan Stainless steel Header w/ DC Sports SS downpipe

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0028-1.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

Stock motor
:D
DSCF0058.jpg

Last edited:

HandoEX

Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaaayaaamn! That is the hotness for sure! I can imagine the whole swap is costing quite a pretty penny too!

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Not really guys :) it's a bit of money to mod as most people just to do I/H/E etc which I've done before but I took my time in the last year to get all the parts for the best prices I could find. It's a USDM h22a4 and not a JDM type-s but I did install a new type-s valve cover :) This whole job is costing me about $3-$4k with labour and all aftermaket parts included. It would of cost me much more if I did not take my time and just buy everything with out looking for a decent deal on the engine, parts etc.

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
finally...this is gonna complete your car...add some go to your show. :D3-4k thats a steal when it comes to swaps. What driver side mount did you use"?

Also is it me or now more than ever people are doing some serious builds and swaps whether it be h22 swap, turbo, manual swaps and g23 builds. Props to the 6th gen guys and pursuing going fast than just settling with being slow and going for look god mods.

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
They used the stock driver side mount, they just had to fab it a bit. I might go turbo in the winter or just build it and go all motor I'll see what happens come winter. Yes I've been seeing alot of the 6th gen guys doing all types of this let's keep the 6th gen nation alive :D My friend has a 6th gen and he swapped a JDM H22 last month and he's local to me. I also know another 6th gen owner with a H22 that lives close in VA so their will be a few 6th gen H22 accords in my are.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sweet man. its lookin good. i should do a f20b swap, haha, be different but stilll have 200hp, haha. i wish. but yea, ive been thinking if i should actually save for a swap, idk yet tho.

Hush

Reaction score
are you going to move the battary to the trunk or you going to put it back in the bay?

retroshark

Reaction score
looks damn good man! its a clean *** motor which is even better lol. so one question, when they did all the wiring for the tranny, what did they go by? and also, are you running the prelude ecu or gone with a standalone/chipped ecu?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I am running the stock prelude obd 2 ecu for the moment might get AEM EMS if I go turbo or build the motor to go N/A. I have a list of the parts that I can pm to you if you need it but it's really not that much parts to tell you the truth just wiring it is the hard part lol. As for the battery I'm going to have it in the same spot inside the engine bay. I did get the cruise control removed and if you look at the intake manifold you will see that they made a custom bracket to support the single throttle cable which was pretty cool.

Back