Mmm License Plate..

Bboy_Zen

Reaction score
Okay.. Can anyone tell me if it is OKAY in So. Cal. to NOT have a front license plate? Because my dad was going off in this huge PMS thing, saying that I can get a get pulled over for not having a front license plate.. but the thing is.. I see many cars without one (Around 1 out of 4 cars). So I'm not sure ~_~. (I mean... if these people without license plates were pulled over before, then wouldn't they get the common sense that they would get one? So ... I deduced that.. it is legal.. but I'm still not sure :confused: ).

Thanks in advance! :D

- steve

du3ce

Reaction score
let me put it this way its not ok to do ANYTHING to your car in cali

Browntown

Reaction score
Nope.... it's illegal. Just like everything else you want to do to your car in Cali...
Gotta love it.... too many people, too expensive, and too many car laws.....at least the weather is nice.... for the most part anyways.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha yea, but yea i think it is illegal not to have it displayed clearly on the front of your car, and behind the windshield isnt clear. same thinkg here in jersey. i just leave mine on the front so it give the cops one less thing to hassle me about.

blindside

Reaction score
"Illegal" specially you being in socal... over here in the central valley it doesn't worry me much, i don't put my front plates.

blindside

Reaction score
turbocayenne said:
my cousin jut got pulled over by those "pigs" last week because of that...

Yup here goes an example of how it's illegal in socal... :D

Icemul

Reaction score
Bboy_Zen said:
I see many cars without one (Around 1 out of 4 cars).

Sorry... someone had to say it... its a good thing people arn't allowed to travel from state to state! Sorry I had to!

Cali.. like most states is greedy.. aka.. 2 plates means they can charge you more $, so yes you have to buy two plates and display two plates. If you don't display both plates, they charge you more money! Its all about da money!

Browntown

Reaction score
Icemul said:
Sorry... someone had to say it... its a good thing people arn't allowed to travel from state to state! Sorry I had to!

Cali.. like most states is greedy.. aka.. 2 plates means they can charge you more $, so yes you have to buy two plates and display two plates. If you don't display both plates, they charge you more money! Its all about da money!

yeah, no sh*t.... like how you can't put change into someone else's parking meter.... guess they have to get money for all those welfare checks somehow!!

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
du3ce said:
let me put it this way its not ok to do ANYTHING to your car in cali

bahwahwah
LOL
Good one, and that's basically the truth

If the dealer gives you two plates when you register your car, then two plates are required to be on your car

Back