Noises from front left? Help!

solaceaccord

Reaction score
I have an 02 sedan (50k miles) and recently I have been hearing little sweaking noises from front left. Once I drive for about 15 mintues or so at higher speeds, the noises go away. They don't sweak during turning/cornering or going over speed bumps. At first I thought the tire was bad but tire pressure is fine. I am on eibach pro-kit with stock springs. Can the stock springs be going bad (driven about 7k with that set up). If so, what are the warning signs? Any suggestions ?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
if it was a problem with shocks or springs, it would squeak on turns & speed-bumps.

have you tried taking some wd-40 and spraying bolts etc on the suspension in the front? if you're lucky you might just have some crap built up under there that's rubbing

solaceaccord

Reaction score
the problem were worn brake pads! after getting new ceramic pads installed, the noise stopped! very strange because the brakes were still strong feeling and hardly sweaked during braking!

angelplus

Reaction score
solaceaccord said:
the problem were worn brake pads! after getting new ceramic pads installed, the noise stopped! very strange because the brakes were still strong feeling and hardly sweaked during braking!

My brakes did the exact same thing. That squeek is designed to let you know you need new brakes by annoying you enough, and end up changing them.

retro

Reaction score
solaceaccord said:

be carefull if your useing stock rotors with those pads.

Back