HID Question

nhsrunner

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some TYC projector headlights, and then adding an HID conversion kit to them for my '98 accord. I just wanted to know first of all if it's worth it, like are the lights going to be a lot brighter, and secondly what a good HID conversion kit would be. Oh and how hard would all of this be to install?

Crono139

Reaction score
Crono139 said:
5300k HID kit
IMG_2793.jpg

9021Picture_083.jpg

If you compare the cost of this setup to an actual retrofit, it's not too shabby, IMO.

Some good brands for HID kits are McCulloch, and Philips.

Installing everything is a piece of cake. I've done it more times than I can even count.

Last edited:

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
1) TYC Projectors headlights blow... Projectors OVERALL blow.. unless they are a retro.. the light output is extremely bad..
2) Xenondepot.com , HIDplanet.com .. Good site for all that ...
3) They take about 30+ Mins to install with the manual lol..
4) Save up and get a retro fit to ur OEM headlights .. www.CustomLightz.com

nhsrunner

Reaction score
Other than getting a retro fit for the headlights, are there any other good sets of headlights that would work well with an HID kit?

du3ce

Reaction score
ive had tyc projectors with hid, output was ok definately better than halogen but nothing compared to a retrofit.

dynasty

Reaction score
question: could i use a different k temp bulb for ANY ballast or it has to be a certain kind? i'm also new to HIDs.

nhsrunner

Reaction score
speaking of different k temperatures for HID bulbs, which one gives you the most light. Initially I thought the higher the temp the brighter it would be an dhence the more light, but I've been looking around and like 8000K bulbs are nearly purple.

Crono139

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
question: could i use a different k temp bulb for ANY ballast or it has to be a certain kind? i'm also new to HIDs.

Totalimmortal said:
And, yes you can use any temp bulb and ballast.

I hope you aren't saying that you can mix, and match brands.

McCulloch is the only brand that comes to mind right where you have to have McCulloch bulbs with McCulloch ballasts, and ignitors. Their bulbs don't come bare like Philips bulbs do. There are two wires with a clips at the end that are meant to hook up to the clips at the end of the wires for the ballasts, and ignitors. Tricky bastards.

1099434559523_bulbs_picture_1fix.jpg

1101721149868_ballest_fix.jpg

Last edited:
Back