big signature image

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
The only way to enforce this would be for an admin to set a limit and just warn people...Maybe give one person a mod status and their sole purpose is to enforce sig size..i feel ya on some being too big though

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i like v6p's rules on it:

v6p.net said:
This thread is for users to post questions about the rules about sizes of images and content. Also if you see someone with an image bigger than the 550x200 pixel limit or questionable content, please post it here so the Mods can take proper action. With everyone's help and eyes, we can keep sig images here to stay!

sig rules

i think that size is perfect, and all of mine are under it. a mod willl remove the persons sig if it breaks those rules, and leave them a note to them in their sig's saying something like "my sig size was too big" or something along those lines. i deff think a set "no bigger then" size is a good idea.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i try and keep an eye out for absurdly sized sigs and drop a pm to someone if their sig needs to be changed, but I don't always catch something, and what looks fine on my screen might not look fine for someone running a lower resolution.

as for a "no bigger than" size, I'll log onto my laptop tomorrow (which runs @ lower resolution than my desktop) and figure out a size maximum. Personally I don't care much about width, but height gets to me.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Personaly I wouldn't allow over 350 pixels high. That should be plenty for someone to include what they want too in their signature banners. Got to take in consideration the dial-up users such as myself that is probably one of the single biggest hassles I run into on forums is huge/complex signature images/animations and avatar animations. I have enough to deal with when trying to view pictures of someones car let alone having to wait 5 minutes for someones signature to load.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^^I am not sure so don't quote me...But i think there is also a option in your user cp where you can turn off signatures...i am not sure though, and too lazy 2 check..but welcome to the 21st century, dial up is the past :D

Telri

Reaction score
Under USER CP, you can select to EDIT OPTIONS, and under THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS, you can disable several VISIBLE POST ELEMENTS, including SIGNATURES, AVATARS and IMAGES. Sorry for the caps, using them to identify the things to look for/click on.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Yeah I know about that option, but i'd still like to be able to see signatures that's the thing. And I know dialup is in the past but DSL and Cable isn't availible in all areas believe it or not. And I ment 150h I was busy in photoshop at the time working and the image I happen to be working on was 350h so it kind of made it's way to the finger tips lol

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
on my laptop now... imo ~150px height sounds good. I'm not gonna be a hardass about it, some people already have sigs that are 170 or so pixels high looking around now, so you guys don't need to have to worry about changing them.

in the future though, try and keep new sigs <150px height. I'm not going to make some sig nazi mod just to troll the forums to watch out for sigs, so its on everyone to try and help out with keeping an eye out,and if you do just make a thread here in the feedback forum called something like "ATTN: (Whoever) Sig" and the mods will pm that person and deal with it.

As for width... I'm not that concerned with width, although I guess file size does affect the 56k people. 550px width seems more than generous.

But like I said, my screen is higher resolution, and i'm on a cable modem, so if anyone notices a problem w/ someone's sig please just make use of the feedback forum to let the mod team know

Back