front brakes

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hey guys, im gonna be doing my front rotors and pads pretty soon, as soon as i can order the stuff anf have it. ive made up my mind and im gonna get power slot slotted front rotors and Hawk HPS front pads. ill check the rear, and ill prolly replace them anyway, but im only gonna get OEM shoes for the back, i have drums, haha. but yea, so i was just wondering what you guys think of those pads/rotors/combo. let me know, thanks.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
have the rotors w/ different pads.

personally i love it. but i've heard other people bitch about them. I can speak about other people's experience w/ the rotors but for me, it was night & day stopping power improvement (axis ultimate pads) from stock pads + rotors.

pads are probably a smarter decision. i can't complain about how my axis pads stop, but they kick out a lot of dust, and I don't expect to get more than 15k miles, maybe 20k out of them

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
heard good things abt the hawk pads... but if u care abt brake dust, get the AEM ones.. the rotors are ok i guess.. i'd rather go with brembo blanks

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I had EBC pads and they were pretty good.
When it was time to replace them I went back to stock pads because I had a new set in my garage. Believe it or not, the stock pads are pretty good and ABSOLUTELY NO BRAKE DUST

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i got the AEMs and it is really effective, no brake dust, no noise, stops REALLY responsive, at least from whatever bull**** pads i had before.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
heard good things abt the hawk pads... but if u care abt brake dust, get the AEM ones.. the rotors are ok i guess.. i'd rather go with brembo blanks

people say that like brembo blanks are supposed to be better at stopping your car....

guys, blanks are blanks, lol. best thing you can hope for from one blank to another is better heat dissipation, which only helps prevent brake fade, and not initial stopping power.

i really need to put something about brembo blanks in my sig, because people say that stuff all the time and its like a pet peeve of mine

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
i've got Brembo cross-drilled rotors with Hp+ pads.. REALLY NICE! What's noise and dust when you've got some much brake power ?

And guys.. AEM brake pads and OEM brake pads = the same...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
reasons why i go with the blanks is cos:

1. i dun need that much stopping power (given the small amt of power my car has :()

2. they're cheaper than OEMs

3. i've had known ppl who had bad experiences with slotted OR cross-drilled rotors.. some ppl i know had the rotors cracking on them

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had brembo slotted, warped within a year, had them turned, warped again within another 4-5 months. So I spent the last week they were on my car beating the **** out of them, had nice scorch marks all over them.

Using brembo blanks and EBC green - running 2 years and plenty of pad left. Good stopping power.

Back