Cold vs. hot air dyno results by SMSP

Crono139

Reaction score
Got this from Honda-Tech.

:D :D :D

SMSP said:
While at the dyno today, Chris (ProMotion) wanted to try turning the intake tube up and out of the engine bay. This way it was in direct line with ProMotion's evaporative cooler/fans and not behind my radiator.

1-1142-60039-l-pyMQbLuqei6j0yJydVka.jpg

And who said dynojet numbers can't be fudged ;) .

SMSP said:
The red line is the cold air line, it beat the blue line (warm air) everywhere and the AFR went lean everywhere which it should have due to the denser air.
:D :D :D

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
At least now there's a clear answer to all future arguments.

angelplus

Reaction score
Crono139 said:
At least now there's a clear answer to all future arguments.

Yes, good post here. My friend is paying for his short ram as we speak and he thinks that he'll rock out with his cock out when he's not getting the HP that he really wants from a CAI!

GREAT post! Thumbs up for helping out the community!

wg2k7

Reaction score
ive heard you only lose hp and get warm air if your going from a stop, because if your moving the hot air is already being blown out of your engine bay

theaccordian

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
ive heard you only lose hp and get warm air if your going from a stop, because if your moving the hot air is already being blown out of your engine bay

if you have aftermarket header and get rid of your heatshield it gets stupid hot under the hood.

Crono139

Reaction score
I'm going through with a "magic intake" in the upcoming months. There have been positive results on all test cars so far. :D

It will be thrown on after I get my TB/IM swap done.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Crono139 said:
I'm going through with a "magic intake" in the upcoming months. There have been positive results on all test cars so far. :D

pringles can and pantyhose?

Back