stock ari box

Neight

Reaction score
I installed my stock air box today and it caused the car to "stall" at the stop sign. The idle gets real low and the engine cuts off. Then I installed the AEM intake and it works better but the idle is sitll shaky. How do i tweak the idle? or should I reset the ECU?

dynasty

Reaction score
and how do you reset the ECU? do you just pull the ECU fuse out and let it sit? that's what i do for my 4runner. i put my stock airbox back on also because my aftermarket intake tube gets really hot. which loses hp of course.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take the negative terminal off the battery for 10min. You can also pull fuse #13 I think it is.

Your car actually stalled when you changed intakes? That's weird.

Neight

Reaction score
yeah it kept doing it. And i drive an auto . So thats how you rest the ECU ?
for 10 mins?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, take the black battery cable off for like 10 minutes, then put it on and let the car sit and idle for like 5 or so minutes, then take it for a little drive and see if its fixed. i could see why the car would stall if you put the stock air intake on after the other one you had on, cuz the airflow is more restrictive, thus its not flowing as much air as your other one was, and cuz your fuel maps had compensated for the extra air from the other intake. and when you put the other one back on after you had problems with the stock one, i think it stalled or ran rough cuz the ecu may have been trying to adjust its fuel maps and then you put the other one back on when it wasnt done relearning its stuff, so you basically confused the sh!t out of your ecu, hahahaha.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, that should solve it. anytime you do engine stuff, i would always reset the ECU. i did when i put my intake on and my exhaust.

Neight

Reaction score
I have the V2 sitting in my room. So I'll probally install it later this week. I will sell the short ram to daccordian :D

Back