Weird Stereo Problem

blackaccord69

Reaction score
Ok this one is definetly the weirdest I've come across.

Check this out:

My radio/cd player cuts out on me when I have my car on and I'm driving.

When this happens, I am usually accelerating, and I know for a fact my electrical system isnt shorting out on me (I have a voltmeter gauge).

Also, my lights dont dim, headunit stays on, it just loses the signal when I accelerate while driving. (Both speakers and subs lose the signal and just go blank)

I've tested it in a few different ways:
1. It won't cut out if the car isn't on.
2. It mainly cuts out when I accelerate and then comes right back if I release the gas. But it also rarely cuts out sometimes when I'm just at a stoplight or something.
3. It's not my electrical system losing power, cause my voltmeter doesnt go down and none of my lights dim or anything.

I am absolutely stumped...any suggestions? Feel free to ask me any other questions about this if I havent covered it all.

klee

Reaction score
blackaccord69 said:
Ok this one is definetly the weirdest I've come across.

Check this out:

My radio/cd player cuts out on me when I have my car on and I'm driving.

When this happens, I am usually accelerating, and I know for a fact my electrical system isnt shorting out on me (I have a voltmeter gauge).

Also, my lights dont dim, headunit stays on, it just loses the signal when I accelerate while driving. (Both speakers and subs lose the signal and just go blank)

I've tested it in a few different ways:
1. It won't cut out if the car isn't on.
2. It mainly cuts out when I accelerate and then comes right back if I release the gas. But it also rarely cuts out sometimes when I'm just at a stoplight or something.
3. It's not my electrical system losing power, cause my voltmeter doesnt go down and none of my lights dim or anything.

I am absolutely stumped...any suggestions? Feel free to ask me any other questions about this if I havent covered it all.

Have you double checked all the wiring from the head unit all the way to the wiring harness? Fuses? Do you have a EMF filter installed?

blackaccord69

Reaction score
checked wiring from headunit, fuses i havent looked at because theres only the fuses from the headunit ->4 channel amp, and if one was blown i wouldnt hear anything constantly, and no emf filter

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Take the radio out and re install it. One of the wires maybe clipped in the back of the radio when pushed against the firewall. Happened to me once. Just move the wires down below the back of the radio.
As you've said, it's not the fuse. If the fuse was blown, there would be nothing at all.

Last edited:

blackaccord69

Reaction score
good call, ill definetly try that, wire could be exposed or up against the firewall which could be a possibility considering i just installed my 3rd din kit

djpm05

Reaction score
that's the only thing I could think of. It has to be a bad connection. did you put your wiring harness together by twisting the wires together and electrical tape?:D

blackaccord69

Reaction score
haha, nah it was all done 'the right way'..but ill check it out tommorrow and see what's up

00J

Reaction score
Let me know what you come up with. We are having the same problem with my friends car.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
so far nothing, i took a quick look and didn't see any exposed wiring or anything touching the firewall, i did see one wire running behind everything that could be the source, but after fixing that it still happens, so ill keep you updated if i find anything

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
that is weird... i'll try and think about it and if something comes to me i'll post back. bet that is frustrating as hell though

Back