Just installed Megan header!

Sonnick

Reaction score
Me and my friend just got finished installing the Megan header...wasn't that hard at all. Took us about 2 hours with a little break. Overall I'm pleased, it looks awesome. I only have one complaint/question. Anyone else with this header have a sound like an exhaust leak? I'm hoping it's just some bolts that need to be tightened...but I'm scared this is the sound it makes :confused: I hope not because without the 'exhaust leak sound' it sounds great!! Pics tomorrow!

cdubb77

Reaction score
Congrats. That sound is normal. Blacknights megan headers do that and so do mine. :rolleyes: Waiting for the pics.

Sonnick

Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
Congrats. That sound is normal. Blacknights megan headers do that and so do mine. :rolleyes: Waiting for the pics.
:( oh no I didn't think they would sound like that.. :(

Sonnick

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
feel any gains?
We thought something was wrong because of the sound so I didn't really get on it...I will today tho and let you know

Icemul

Reaction score
Hope you replaced the gaskets. Also when you tightened the bolts onto the head, you have to go inside to out. If you tighten the outside bolts first, then it won't seel correct. That could be the problems. I don't have any weird sounds like that with my header.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Icemul said:
Hope you replaced the gaskets. Also when you tightened the bolts onto the head, you have to go inside to out. If you tighten the outside bolts first, then it won't seel correct. That could be the problems. I don't have any weird sounds like that with my header.

He's correct, there's a tightening sequence.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Icemul said:
Thank you, I will try this. I was gonna try to replace the megan gasket with another oem gasket. But I will disconnect the header, clean the head good, then try tightening inside to out. We did zig zag tightening..maybe that's why

Butt dyno says a little, i gotta drive more though to really see. Plus after I clean and retighten it to stop the leaks

Sorry for the quality/size of the pics, I took them from my cell phone

PICS

Before

Header.jpg

After

Headerwarmedup.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Looks pretty good.

When you're on the gas, look at teh RPM's once they reach 4000RPM's and watch how they suddenly fly to 7K RPM's
Well, at least they do in the blacknight.

When bolting them to the head, you're supposed to tighten starting from the inside and finish at the outside.

If the sound is still there, then the leak is coming out of the flex pipe just like mine.
I got tired of the sound and I went to the shop (Who's doing my turbo set up) and he said the leak is in the flex pipe. So all you hav eto do is get another flex pipe. Unfortunately the stock one will not work.

Back