Please Read, unibody help needed

wg2k7

Reaction score
I am having some problems with my insurance company and I was hoping to get some good info here since alot of people here really know what theyre talking about. As you all know the accord is a unibody, and I have roof and quarter panel damage, and because of that my roof was leaking and my door wouldnt shut/open right and my rear window doesnt fit right. Obviously there is unibody damage to the center section. Is there anything you guys can give me to help pursuade the insurance company to total/buy car from me?
ex: unibody frames with center damage cannot be repaired to 100% pre-accident form, and because of that, car is not safe to drive and will never be as safe as it were before. Thanks for your help guys.

Spyder

Reaction score
Get a quote from a high end body shop that give ridiculous prices. Then turn in said quote to the ins company.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
uhh, i doubt you can get it totaled unless you f*ck it up yourself and say vandals did it in the middle of the night.....but even thats sketchy.

Spyder

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
uhh, i doubt you can get it totaled unless you f*ck it up yourself and say vandals did it in the middle of the night.....but even thats sketchy.
Heh. Sketchy no pun intended huh. :D

wg2k7

Reaction score
well it should have already been totalled, its worth like 9.5 now and the insurance company has spent over 10.5. not to mention all the rental car costs, its easily 11 that theyve already spent. this is because it was 7.5 in damage originally, and since its been in the shop for over 3 months after the first 2 month period and i highly beleive there is unibody damage (which would explain why my door wouldnt shut and my windows leaked). from what ive read any car with unibody damage is unsafe to drive. if anyone has anything else i can use to pursuade insurance please help me. also, has anyone ever heard anything about insurance paying for depreciation in a car with an accident history?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i can drive down to naples, steal it, part it out, and drive it into the ocean for ya. :D

wg2k7

Reaction score
haha your wanna pay the 1k deductible too?
no im trying to get this all done because I have already paid the deductible, dont wanna pay another.
pretty soon i might be parting out (its barely parting out, itd be 2 parts) my intake and exhaust if anyone wants to trade exhausts+cash since i dont have my stocker.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have them get it on a frame rack and see if its aligned. Easiest and simplest way since its already at the body shop.

green00v6

Reaction score
You have the magnaflow right? Keep me posted if you do decide to part out the exhaust.

Back