multi-channel amp question

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ok, so right now im looking for an amp that produces less than 100rms. if/when i find one, i will have 3 amps :eek: thats too much junk in the trunk even for me. and i like junk in the trunk :cool: i have an eclipse ea2000 for my mb quarts (60rmsx2) and an older ma audio 300rms amp for my sub.

heres the question: if possible, i want to get a 4 channel amp, kicking out around 50rms per channel @4 ohms. i want to keep the front channels in stereo to run the fronts, and bridge the rear channels to give me ~100rms @4ohms. i want the 100rms to go to a sub. possible? or does it have to be 3-channel capable? :confused::eek:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i was curious because im interested in the old school ppi art series. i couldnt find the answer to that specific question, but ill keep researching it. .02% thd ftw!

Spyder

Reaction score
Is the sub single vc or dvc? If it's double then it doesn't matter if the amp can go into 3 channel mode *Even though most can* because with a dvc sub you can hook up 1 channel to each vc.
vc= voice coil.
How much are you looking to spend on an amp btw?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have an alpine mvr f340. Seems to be about perfect for what you want. I forget the exact specs, i think it's like 4x45 but i've seen specs online when bench tested and they are usually closer to 55rms. And i have briged mine for a low powered sub, worked great. And chances are your sub is going to be SVC if it's quality at that power handling range.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
also this would work well, especially with the forum discount :D

the other option is just mount 2 of the amps under your front seats if you don't want a cluttered trunk lol.

sidenote: i can't wait till eD releases the nine.5, whenever that will be

Spyder

Reaction score
I'm with you on the 9.5. That will be so tasty. It sounds like a 9.4 + a 9.2 in 1 chassis with a sub RMS @ 1ohm of 700w.
I was just chatting with eD and they aren't even sure if they're gonna release it and if they do it won't be until the new year. :(

Last edited:
Back