marvel mystery oil

tunerbum147

Reaction score
i changed the oil on my car today. my friend over at auto zone said put in this marvel mystery oil. it has a good reputation and actually works they say. dont know if anyone has used it or heard of it to get input on it. i put it in both my oil and gas cause it is good for both. my car does seem to be running a bit better. whether it is just from the oil change or this mystery oil.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Its better to just change your oil on time than put all these little "additives" in your oil. Normal oil already comes with cleaning agents and things to protect your engine, thats why your oil gets black, it gets dirty from all the grime it cleans.

finch13

Reaction score
Regular oil should be changed every 3,000 or so. Synthetic can go between 5,000 and 15,000 depending on what it's in.

Marvel makes some good stuff, but it's really just a band aid for any bigger problem you might have. For cleaning, Sea Foam works better.

Please not another oil thread plzkthx

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
to each his own. dino= 4-5k. syn=7-15k (varies). 3k oil changes now days are a big waste. ANYWAYS.. how about the MMO? i always wanted to buy a bottle at walmart just for fun lol. they work in oil and the gas tank.

tunerbum147

Reaction score
i havent had my car for a very long time and was not the only owner so i was doing oil changes ever 3k to 4k just for a little cause i do not know how often it was done before. and the marvel i used for the same reason cause it is one of the few with a good name. whether it does alot or a little you can use it in both gas and oil and has to clean and improve something a little.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i havent had my car for a very long time and was not the only owner so i was doing oil changes ever 3k to 4k just for a little cause i do not know how often it was done before. and the marvel i used for the same reason cause it is one of the few with a good name. whether it does alot or a little you can use it in both gas and oil and has to clean and improve something a little.

It will improve your car to be more anal about your oil changes to not exceed 3,000 miles, those additives are for people who didnt do regular oil changes in the past and now their engine needs something strong than regular oil.

modern oil can last about 4k-5k before it needs changing.

Ummm no, it depends on the car. Newer cars have less sludge than older ones. Therfore, the oil will stay cleaner longer. But it does not mean you shouldnt change it every 3,000 miles just because the car is new. The dealer may recommend every 5 k, but thats will their synthetic oil.

Last edited:
Back