mobile 6ga.com?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i saw on another site that there is a mobile version of their website when u browse the site using a cellphone... it has way less pictures and is formatted differently.. i was wondering if we can implement this? it takes forever for me to browse this site on my BB since the format is exactly the same as when i browse on the PC

nexTOme

Reaction score
+1

i would love to visit 6ga on my iphone as well without taking forever to load

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
i saw on another site that there is a mobile version of their website when u browse the site using a cellphone... it has way less pictures and is formatted differently.. i was wondering if we can implement this? it takes forever for me to browse this site on my BB since the format is exactly the same as when i browse on the PC

I agree with the idea too....but if bb browser is loading slow on your download the BOLT apps. it another form of browsing through the internet.... that if you dont have it already...I use for when I want to search 6ga through my bb when I'm no where near computer or laptop here the link to dL: http://boltbrowser.com/download.html

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
yeah, that won't cost money at all, i'm sure that if we want that feature we're gonna have to nix the chatroom

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i'm not saying we MUST get the feature johnny.. i was just wondering if tht was a built-in feature that can be "switched on" by cody without extra cost...

i can't download anything into my BB cos it's a company phone and the IT dpt limits what i can do with the phone

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Chatroom was paid for a year in advance. I don't think there is any "vBulletin Mobile" per say, I think we would just need to change the format of the site to be more mobile friendly.

Pretty sure phpBB has mobile options, but I don't think vB does.....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Chatroom was paid for a year in advance. I don't think there is any "vBulletin Mobile" per say, I think we would just need to change the format of the site to be more mobile friendly.

i say **** mobile friendly. computers are around for a reason, haha. ****.

if theirs no option for it, then you guys are sol, imo, haha.

i vote no for less features. if it takes forever to load, then dont go to the site on your phone haha :dunce:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
um, I can look around to see if there are any vbulletin hacks for this, but I doubt it. in the meantime, disabling signatures & avatars in your UserCP options would probably drastically reduce the amount of time it takes to load. Or, if you are using Opera Mobile (other mobile browsers have this as well) you can set it to not load images.

with images disabled the site loaded for me pretty quickly on Verizon's 3G, but scrolling around is still a pain

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i post from my ipod touch alot of times...as long as its on wifi it's fine...i don't expect much from it but speed isn't a prob

are you guys particularly concerned with the speed using non wifi cellphones? like 3g or whatever that over priced bull**** is....

Back