just got mugen style lip...

and_one

Reaction score
hey guys i just put on a mugen style lip on my car...thanks to jay (blindside) :D :D :D ....i was wondering if you guys painted the lip yourselves or went to a shop and got it painted...how much if you took it to a shop? and if not what kind of paint should i buy if i do it myself???

wg2k7

Reaction score
if you dont mind spending 130+ for a professional paintjob, then take it to a shop. the shopowner owed me a favor so i got mine done for free, either way sucks cuz you either lose 150 or so or you can possibly get a shitty paintjob. i would take the same way again for me even if i had to pay, because im not a skilled painted and wouldnt wanna see what it looked like if i had done it

ryon527

Reaction score
I just stuck mine on the car and put some trim detailer on it :D

ktz_04

Reaction score
and_one said:
hey guys i just put on a mugen style lip on my car...thanks to jay (blindside) :D :D :D ....i was wondering if you guys painted the lip yourselves or went to a shop and got it painted...how much if you took it to a shop? and if not what kind of paint should i buy if i do it myself???

where did u buy em???? do they fit gud???

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Just get it done professionally.

If you screw it up, you'll have to take it to a shop and they'll charge you to undo your work, and then charge you to do it right.

And yes, I'm talking from experience. :eek: :D

and_one

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I just stuck mine on the car and put some trim detailer on it :D

what kind of trim detailer? can u be specific...

Here4U2nv151 said:
I went to MAACO and got it painted. They do pretty good work up here in my area.

how much???

jdm_dynasty said:
i painted my own lip. it's really not that hard. here is some details of how this guy painted his lip.

how is the result do you have pics???

ktz_04 said:
where did u buy em???? do they fit gud???

i bought it off blindside...i was a perfect fit...well except the sides have just a very small minor gap...not noticeable...i think it looks so much more aggresive

blindside

Reaction score
i think it fits my car better.. hahaha! it would probably cost you around $150, good thing i haven't got that painted before or else your car's gonna look like M&M's RED+GREEN=NO NO NO LOL....

Back