Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit

541accord

Reaction score
So my accord had fogged/dull looking headlights, so I picked up a headlight restoration kit from Wal Mart for $19.99. It came with a micro fiber cloth, polish and buffer that attaches to any drill. Def worth every penny.

Price: $19.99
Place: Wal Mart
Rating: 100/100

Pros: Works great and does what it supposed to do. Cheap, easy and only takes about 30mins

Cons: Don't have any at the moment. It works great.
BEFORE
102_1751.jpg

102_1752.jpg

AFTER

102_1757.jpg

102_1756.jpg

jwong512

Reaction score
Does it shave any layer of the headlight off or does it just somehow clean it without the shaving part?

541accord

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it just polishes and cleans the headlight, don't think it shaves anything off.

jalusz

Reaction score
i used that stuff for mine last week, too. mine were much worse than yours though... very yellow, couldn't even see through. so i sanded it down first, then used the maguire's. came out crystal clear.
i should've tried to buff it w/o sanding first to see how it worked...

jwong512

Reaction score
I might go to my local Walmart and pick one of those up then. I don't know where I placed my electric drill at. Could I just do everything by hand? I mean it'll be a ****load of work, but is it possible?

tunerbum147

Reaction score
I might go to my local Walmart and pick one of those up then. I don't know where I placed my electric drill at. Could I just do everything by hand? I mean it'll be a ****load of work, but is it possible?

yeah it is possible. it will take a lot more time and effort. and no matter how hard you try it wont do as good of a job as the drill. but if your are not that bad then doing it by hand might be just fine. worth the try on a spot and if it is not what you wanted then barrow a drill from a friend.

jwong512

Reaction score
Alright I just picked one up from Walmart for $19.99. Imma use this after I clean my car in the next week or so. I don't have masking tape at home so would duct tape be good enough? I'll need to find my old drill and hope that the battery on that thing isn't dead yet.

Back