Sub and amp questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeper4bngr

Reaction score
I want to get some bass going in my car and I was looking at a couple different models. I was looking into Rockford Fosgate but their stuff is so expensive. Is it worth it? I am looking for great sound as well as durability and want to buy good quality for w/e it costs. I am also looking into amps but do not know what amp to go with. Any ideas and advice would help thanx.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I'd go with JL Audio for subs & amps or Eclipse I've had nothing but great experience with both brands.

Hush

Reaction score
IDmax is a cheaper way to go and it sounds just as good a W7 from JL audio or you can go up a little and get an arc flatline. the amp you can go any company. i was planning on JL , or audison for when i go active.

djpm05

Reaction score
Polk makes amazing home audio speakers, but I haven't heard great things about their car audio.

biggest question is how much you want to spend. You can spend tons and tons of money in car audio, but you might be happy with something less expensive too.

dynasty

Reaction score
my friend said Kicker is one of the best subs for car audio. it's because of the rubber material that makes it beat hard. but from my opinion, if you going for noise and pounding, go for Kicker. if you want good quality bass which you could enjoy, go for JL. personally, i think any subs would work. for amp, that's a different story because you have to adjust it to a certain point. don't want to max it out where you could blow your subs.

for me, i have a Alpine sub on my 4runner. it's just where i could enjoy the music rather than pounding. my 4runner is ground because you don't need to dynamat nothing. LOL.

but for the accord, i'm about to put on this 2 JBLs. again, it's nothing to pound on. just for enjoyment of the music. i'm waiting for my amp to come in so i could test it out. but that's my opinion.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i've said it before but I would strongly recommend Elemental Designs products to anyone. I have one of their nine.1 amps powering my IDMax, and I also have one of their lower-line 15" subs acting as a home theater sub in my apartment. Don't let the price fool you - they make some killer **** from my experience, with their electronics & their speakers.

Personally I'd never want a kicker sub in my car, imo they get loud but don't sound good at all. RF makes pretty good amps but whether or not they are worth it for the price is up to the buyer.

For subs I'd recomment a k-series Elemental Designs sub, or some Alpine Type-R's if you want something you can pick up at your local store.

For amps I'd recommend eD again, or RF or MTX are both decent choices as well for things you could find in most retail stores. If you want something a bit nicer look into Memphis, JL, etc. I had an Alpine amp that overheated like a mofo so I wouldn't go with them again personally

Browntown

Reaction score
You need to start by figuring out what you want from your system.... better sound for your listening pleasure or that huge boom so the entire freakin' block can hear you coming. Why spend the $$ on 2 15" subs when all you needed was a good 10"? Companies like JL, Kicker and Rockford Fosgate are always good choices if you go with their higher end subs. I had a Rockford Fosgate amp and that thing was bad @ss, so I say go with that.

Spyder

Reaction score
Ed does make some good stuff and cheap. I used to have the 6000s in my last car and I have 2 gallons of their liquid sound deadener sitting in my closet. I fully plan on using one of their amps, but I want to wait for their 5 channel to come out and have an active 2-way in the front and power to the subs I'm ordering today. For subs I went with the Image Dynamics ID12v3d4 because I wanted to try an ID sub and I'm getting a new pair for $140. :) I will run these for a while off of an old X-plod amp I have sitting in the garage for the time being.

Hey Wildman why not contact them to see if you can get this site in on the groupbuy?

dynasty

Reaction score
sorry to go off topic a little but would my amp be messed up if i mounted my amp ONTO the sub box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back