04 TL rear sway fits our cars?

theaccordian

Reaction score
remember a while back on old forum 04 Tl rear sway was said to fit our cars. Any truth behind this, cuz its a totally different car and it would be sweet to have 20mm 04 Tl rear sway

klee

Reaction score
As Muyo stated, it will fit. I installed a Comptech '04 TL rear swaybar with the help of Hammer03 this past weekend. If you have a coupe, it's allot easier to install versus my freakin' sedan with the exhaust hangers in the way. I would also recommend replacing your OEM bushings for the energy suspension bushings. The OEMs seem a little wimpy and prone to breaking/cracking versus the energy. I'll post some photos when I get the chance. Also I believe the OEM TL bar is 19mm. The Comptech and Eibachs are 22mm.

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
I have a sedan. Does the exhaust hangers of the av6 or I4 get in the way and despite this its till possible right? Any modifications needed to make fit? Also, if people can tell a difference when upgrading from 17mm to 19mm, is it like day and night upgrading 5mm over stock with the comptech 22mm sway?

Last edited:

klee

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
I have a sedan. Does the exhaust hangers of the av6 or I4 get in the way and despite this its till possible right? Any modifications needed to make fit? Also, if people can tell a difference when upgrading from 17mm to 19mm, is it like day and night upgrading 5mm over stock with the comptech 22mm sway?

No mods are needed to make the rear TL sway bar fit althought removal of the exhaust hangers might make the install easier. If you have the I4 exhaust setup then you might want to remove the exhaust hangers because it will get in the way of right side bushing if you were standing behind the car facing the front. If you have the V6 exhaust, the exhaust will split in the middle right before the sway bar and you will not have to worry about dropping the hangers to install the bushings.

I had the OEM 17mm sway bar. After upgrading to the 22mm sway bar, it was like night and day for me. The car has less understeer and the rear end is much more predictable sliding out (for me during autocrossing). You will notice the rear feels flat during hard cornering or during really long high speed curves. I do occasionally hear the bushings but that really isn't a big deal for me. A little grease in the fittings should resolve that problem.

cdubb77

Reaction score
theaccordian said:

Not to be off topic but I see you finally came over to the new site. Welcome back man.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Glad to be back. Took a temporary hiatus because school and work. Also had to take a hiatus from modding cuz of tuition and books. I love my car but I got priorities.

klee

Reaction score
Pictures

Here are a few pictures:

465875_108_full.jpg

465875_109_full.jpg

465875_110_full.jpg

theaccordian

Reaction score
Nice.. When you say removal of the exhaust hanger..what part do you mean? because isnt the hook welded on to the frame?

klee

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Nice.. When you say removal of the exhaust hanger..what part do you mean? because isnt the hook welded on to the frame?

Technically, it's a rubber grommet that hangs on a hook welded to the frame and then the other end of the grommet connects to a hook on the exhaust. It's a major pain to remove with the rear of the car jacked up while you are laying on your back. The other option is to unbolt everything after the cat which takes a little more time but it's easier compared to attempting to unhook it while everything is bolted up.

Back