What Kind of tires are on your car?

nhsrunner

Reaction score
I haven't been on this forum all that long, but I've noticed that as far as wheels go, you mostly talk about rims, and the only reference you make to tires is what size you should get. While rims are cool to look at, as far as performance and all that fun stuff goes, it's the tires that really count (yeah yeah I know all about the lightweight alloy rims). So anyway like a said before, since tires are a huge part of performance and ride quality I thought I should make a new thread to talk about what kind of rubber you have on your wheels.

I for one have michlin pilot exalto all seanson tires, before that I had bridgestone eager all season tires, which came with the car when I go tit and sucked like nothing else. The new michlins are fantastic though, cost a ton, but it was my 18th birthday present so yeah.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
on my stock steelies, i have some crappy all season tires 195/65/r15, stock size, haha.

on my 17's i have 215/50/r17 Hankook Ventus HR 2's. id say theyre pretty good. ive taken many fast turns with them and barely any squeeling. tread wear is pretty good too i guess, tho since i didnt align my car for like 3 weeks after i lowered it, the front tires are almost done for, hahaha, but i said almost, i could prolly last the rest of this summer and a month of next years, but thats pushing it, haha. overall, theyre pretty good, im getting them again for the fronts.

nhsrunner

Reaction score
nice, mine are only 205 65's on 16 inch rims, not that much bigger than the stock tires, but i like them

ryon527

Reaction score
I have bfgoodrich traction ta on my hfp rims. They seem to be getting louder lately for some reason, other than that they've been great. On my stock rims I have Michelin Alpine 2 tires which kicked *** in the snow last winter.

blindside

Reaction score
I have nankang NS-1 or NS-2.. at first i had big doubts about these tires but i said what the heck i'll give it a try for that price you can't beat.. overall they were pretty good on any road (wet/dry) no squeel or hydroplane... treadwear is pretty decent as well... but for my next tires it would probably be Nitto neo gen, Falken or BFgoodrich traction TA. 215/45-17

Phut

Reaction score
falken st-115, 225/35-19. nice and quiet tire. great treadwear. pretty grippy also.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
General all seasons on my steelies. 195/65/15

Hankook RS2's in 205/50/15. Grippy, I take on ramps/curves at about 60+ w/ no complaints from the tires. I can't even chirp them. They seem to be holding up pretty well since I haven't had an alignment yet.

Back