wtf SULEV VTEC on 6th gen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muyo

Reaction score
There is a guy on the other Accord forum I post on. He got a 2001 Accord EX, blah, blah blah. Anyways, I ask him what engine he got and he goes SULEV VTEC. Now I'm thinking, SULEV only came on 6th gen DX Accords ( and it was non VTEC as we all know), but anyways this dude got a SULEV VTEC, plus its only 12v, compared to our 16v.

Pic:
sulevvtec.jpg

So of course I go looking for answers trying to figure out what a hell this is all about because it will drive me nuts if there is a engine on our cars that I dont know much about. And come to find out that it was a California thing. I guess the ULEV just wasnt enough for them so, SULEV was created.

"All 2001 Accords sold nationwide meet or exceed California's Low Emissions Vehicle (LEV) standard, regardless of engine. Honda also sells an Accord EX ($23,100) that meets California's demanding Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV) standard, the most stringent in the world. SULEV represents an 86 percent reduction in hydrocarbons over LEV; the California Air Resources Board says a SULEV engine emits only 2.3 pounds of ozone-forming hydrocarbons during 100,000 miles of driving - about the same as spilling a quart of gasoline."

I guess its just a few, rare, 2001-2002 models only. He also says it says F23A4 on the side so I guess its just even more economical, less polluting, version of ULEV. Probably less hp and tq too...

Its nice to learn something new every day. Sorry if some of you knew this allready, I just thought it was interesting and I'd share it with the rest who didnt know.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Yeah, the ULEV & SULEV models were made for specific regions of the country. California and parts of the North East. Most people in the South and midwest have a normal LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) I knew the NON Vtec motors (F23A5) were LEV with 135hp. Does anyone know the hp for the SULEV? This is what I know so far.....

NON VTEC 135hp
LEV VTEC 150hp
ULEV VTEC 148HP
SULEV VTEC ??????
All V6 models are LEV 200hp

okasu

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Off topic, but I thought the LEV decals on my rear windows were gay, so I peeled them. :cool:

bwhahahahhaa! Do you regret it now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back