Box poll

Which sub box

• Total voters

Spyder

Reaction score
I'm gonna be building a box soon for my Image Dynamics ID12v3D4's soon and I wanted to get people's input. Pics of the subs can be seen in the link in my sig.

Now the spare tire is very important to me and I'd like to have as much space as possible so I was thinking of 2 ideas for the build.

Option #1.Fiberglass enclosure in each rear corner of the trunk and then have the amps mounted on the wall behind the rear seats. Kinda like this.
221.jpg

It would either be painted or covered in suede or vinyl. I don't care for the look of carpet and I'm not afraid to sand or work with body filler. I did body work on my 1st Z myself.

Option #2. Wood box with the magnets of the subs facing the cabin and the amps 'glassed into the corners.
Here's a neon with that setup. I would do the same thing except I would put in a white vinyl instead of black vinyl.
306.jpg

Browntown

Reaction score
Well, space and the spare tire are important for me too, so I'd say go with the first option. Just make sure you built the box to the specs required for the sub so it sounds right.

dynasty

Reaction score
i would go with option 2. i never really liked option 1 because of it's placement and it's looks. plus, the sound from the subs has to bounces off the trunk in which it'll go back forward so you could actually hear the bass rather than FEELING the bass. but that's what i would do.

talonted1990

Reaction score
I like the way the second trunk looks. It looks like time was spent to make it look good, not just a box thrown in a trunk. I will do a setup similar to it soon in my accord.

ryon527

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
I've always heard corner firing subs in trunks are the best so i'll go with A

I think the sub has to be facing the corner with that.

I like opinion A better. At least you still have the trunk space.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
#1 doesn't look as good but is way more functional if you're worried about using your trunk. that's probably what i would do.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I think the sub has to be facing the corner with that.

I like opinion A better. At least you still have the trunk space.
Naw I keep hearing the sub stuffed into the corner firing out into the trunk is better..not into the corner

Spyder

Reaction score
Well after reading all of these responses and consulting with one of my buddy's from ICIX it looks like option 1 is gonna be the one to do. Plus it gives me an excuse to learn to fiberglass. :D Ehh I still need to buy supplies so I need to start stocking up on stuff within the next few weeks.

Back