good connectors for splicing stereos

steadypimpin

Reaction score

OK, you can buy these at home depot or your electrical supply house. You slip the wires in, no stripping necessary because when you sqeeze the red part down it cuts into the wire and it makes a connection, this particular connecter can hold 3 wires in it. When you sqeeze it down it also has silicon in it that seals the connection from the outside elements, the best way to make a stereo splice in my opinion. I hope that helps you bro.

djpm05

Reaction score
not bad actually. I use solder because it will never break for the most part, but that's a much better connection for resistance, etc.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
soldeing is a big waste of time imo, this is a really fast and secure way to do it to, but to each's own I guess.

dynasty

Reaction score
personally. i would splice my wires just so i could get good enough power for the stereo. after that, i'll use heating tubes to hold it. it worked great for me so far.

djpm05

Reaction score
steadypimpin said:
soldeing is a big waste of time imo, this is a really fast and secure way to do it to, but to each's own I guess.

I solder because I am required to by my bosses, and they do it only because they don't want people to keep coming back with loose wires, etc.

dynasty

Reaction score
soldering IS a waste of time but at least it won't get loosen up. so i agree. i had to solder my headlight wires because my friends used butt connects. A BIG NO! i was 16 so i didn't know anything.

djpm05

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
soldering IS a waste of time but at least it won't get loosen up. so i agree. i had to solder my headlight wires because my friends used butt connects. A BIG NO! i was 16 so i didn't know anything.

not always the best connection, but butt connectors can be good, if they're made well etc.

Scott P

Reaction score
i've used solder, crimp caps, butt connectors, all of the, and there are advnatages and disadvantages to all of them. personally i use crimp caps when wiring up radios, but that is mostly b/c i do that the fastest, and in carstereo, the faster you go the more you make.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
Well these are like crimp caps, you squeeze the red part down and it bites into the wire, also squeezes out silicone so your wires dont go anywhere. These are better than crimp caps imo. It was just a good suggestion, I didnt mean to debate over it, but really who solders stereos nowadays anyways? Thats so archaic!!

Spyder

Reaction score
^
I did and that thing ain't going anywhere. Gives a cleaner wiring look also when you open up the dash. Not that you would do that for shows or anything, but the last shop that did crimp connectors on my last car looked like a rat's nest in my dash.

Back