performance mods

minituck04

Reaction score
so ive been reading the posts about how you get heatsink with and aftermarket header. so im getting rid of my CAI since my spoon header heats up that tube so much. i touched it and near burned my hand. so im putting the stock one back on and using a k&n. question is, is there anything else i can do as far as bolt on that will make my car a lil quicker? thanks in advance

Spyder

Reaction score
Um exhaust and type-r stickers.

BTW- In cse your humor meter is off right now the type-r stickers was a joke. :)

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I would have just wrapped the CAI in heatwrap or built a small heat sheild really rather than just removing it. Don't know about actually making your car quicker but breath easier i'd get a bolt on cat-back to go along with that header & CAI & a high flow cat if you already haven't. Other than that stick to basics unless you got the money to turbo or build the engine

minituck04

Reaction score
well ive looked at the pulleys and cam gear but dont know to much bout these cars. i was into bagged trucks and in the process of selling it. i know air ride not performance. so im just trying to see whats out there for this slow *** car. i would like to have an exhaust but i dont want the coffee can muffler. is there a quieter one thats close to stock but flows.

Browntown

Reaction score
Shavedaccord pretty much covered the basic stuff... you can always try and lighten up your car by swapping out for carbon fiber stuff... hoods, trunks,etc.

minituck04

Reaction score
all that **** came with the car ***. i personally dont like it. but i dont have the stock manifold so i cant do anything about it.

Spyder

Reaction score
minituck04 said:
all that **** came with the car ***. i personally dont like it. but i dont have the stock manifold so i cant do anything about it.
Post #5 and you're bashing a regular? :confused:

Back